cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX-CUIC 11.6 impact on restart of services

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Due to a very odd issue with co-res CUIC on UCCX in HA,  reports in Finesse Desktop stopped showing on initially newly added agents and after a rebuild of Publisher some existing users stopped seeing reports (TAC recommended rebuild after several efforts to resolve).

New hires resolved and most others have been resolved, but not all.

TAC decided the configuration in CUIC (set up by a Cisco Partner years ago) was not the 'default'.  Asking me to now  set up in a default manner.

(Some groups are  'Groups Members' of other Groups)

After I do that (hoping it doesn't make things worse, since it was working before),  they stated to do the following:

CLI > utils uccx syctocuic

restart cuic services

restart serviceability services

TAC was a little vague on impact to Agents  on the restart of the 2 services,

I know calls will process normally,  but can anyone tell me about the Finesse desktop  - will all the  reports for Agents on Desktop (Live Data reports or Team Performance gadget) see them freeze, disappear, etc   during the restart ?

We are 24/7.  And we have UCCX HA .  Not sure if better to fail over to Subscriber to lessen any impact.

Thoughts?

2 Replies 2

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

As no response from the community, I went back to TAC for some clarity - just in case your interested:

Agent most likely will see  ' live data not available'  message,  and may need to refresh browser after restarts.

TAC indicated a restart of services seemed to be less disruptive than failover to HA before each restart of services.

Hi, 

In my view, restarting the mentioned services will not disrupt the CCX core functionality and the agent will not be seeing any banner for CCX down. But as said, the reporting section of the Cisco finesse and CUIC will be impacted. 

Regard,s