UCCX / CUIC / Permalink reports

david_legrand
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all,

My environment :

• UCCX 12.5
  • Custom Agent desktop built on Finesse APIs

I would like to display on my custom agent desktop, UCCX RealTime queues activity. Unfortunately, queue activity is not updated through Finesse UCCX APIs (it works for UCCE / PCCE but not for UCCX).

I was thinking creating a custom CUIC report, returning the queues activity. This report would be based on SQL report definition, and would be used as a permalink from the custom agent desktop. (I can't use live data report, because of the authentication method and because the XML permalink option not available).

1. I've created a CUIC report, based on a report definition, using SQL query with automatic refresh rate, set to 15 seconds. Does it mean that the SQL query runs only once every 15 seconds, even if several users are running the same report at the same time ?
    2. Is there a max number of clients who could run simultaneously permalinks ? Is is the same limit for CUIC standalone and for CUIC hosted on the UCCX server ?  

I have concerns about the load on the CUIC when using permalinks.

Would you know a better approach ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are restrictions/recommendations that Cisco has published for this. I know you're using UCCX, but this link talks about CUIC and some of those restrictions for UCCE, which might be helpful for you as a start.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/Design/Guide/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce-116/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce-116_chapter_01010.html#concept_AA4B360EA8CAE4E8103D62FC583...

Also, I'm guessing the built in gadgets like Queue Statistics don't give you what you need?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There are restrictions/recommendations that Cisco has published for this. I know you're using UCCX, but this link talks about CUIC and some of those restrictions for UCCE, which might be helpful for you as a start.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/Design/Guide/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce-116/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce-116_chapter_01010.html#concept_AA4B360EA8CAE4E8103D62FC583...

Also, I'm guessing the built in gadgets like Queue Statistics don't give you what you need?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your answer.

I don't think that I can reuse the Queue statistics gagdet outside of Finesse.

When trying to call the permalink from my custom desktop, I get a CORS error message.

Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing

I have added my domain into the CUIC CORS option and I have added "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" in the list of the headers.

If anyone has an idea, I take it

David