Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Database service alert/monitoring

Unfortunately we are hitting bug CSCvg58622 that cause the database to go OUT OF SERVICE, there is a fix but it will be a major upgrade and I'm not sure if I really want to do it.

I was wondering if there is a way to get email alerts on that service only, I found how to configure syslog, but that for the whole box and the other alerts on services doesn't look to be the right option.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rolando A. Valenzuela

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Currently to fix it we are restarting the service as explained here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cisco-unified-ccx-database-service-out/td-p/1841721/page/2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would just use RTMT to send an email alert for the default CriticalServiceDown. It'll track the DB one, plus other critical services. But if you really want to isolate the emails to just this one service, then I'd go with the RTMT SyslogStringMatchFound alert, and look for this string:

ServiceName=Cisco Unified CCX Database

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would just use RTMT to send an email alert for the default CriticalServiceDown. It'll track the DB one, plus other critical services. But if you really want to isolate the emails to just this one service, then I'd go with the RTMT SyslogStringMatchFound alert, and look for this string:

ServiceName=Cisco Unified CCX Database

Thanks for the suggestion Anthony,

I will need to have RTMT open 24/7 for this to work, right? I think the only way to do it will be enable normal syslog and do the alerting on the syslog server as you mentioned "ServiceName=Cisco Unified CCX Database"

Rolando A. Valenzuela

No! You don't have to have RTMT running the whole time. You configure the alert/notification within RTMT, but from there, it runs on the server. Though, you're idea of running the alerting on the Syslog server would work too. Either way.