cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX database support

brian.k.clarke
Level 5
Level 5

A customer is currently MySQL for database access w/ UCCX 7.0(1) SR5, even though it is not specifically listed as a supported DB in the compatibility matrix: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

We are preparing to upgrade them to UCCX 8.x to support high availability, and need to make sure that MySQL will still work (they're using it for Staff Meeting & Office closed scripts).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Administration Guide explains that CCX 8.0+ uses JDBC drivers in the Adding a New Database Driver section starting on page 18-25. As you've already stated, MySQL is not supported so you will receive no support from Cisco. The MySQL site appears to offer a JDBC connector. Since you will be solely responsible for supporting the customer, I suggest spinning up a lab copy of CCX and trying it out. As a partner, you can order an NFR kit that will provide you all the media and licensing needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Administration Guide explains that CCX 8.0+ uses JDBC drivers in the Adding a New Database Driver section starting on page 18-25. As you've already stated, MySQL is not supported so you will receive no support from Cisco. The MySQL site appears to offer a JDBC connector. Since you will be solely responsible for supporting the customer, I suggest spinning up a lab copy of CCX and trying it out. As a partner, you can order an NFR kit that will provide you all the media and licensing needed.

Very good - thank you!

Hello,

Did it finally work?

I have also a customer using MySQL as database with IPCCX 5.0, even if it's not officially supported. So I am wondering if upgrading to 8.5 will allow us to use the JDBC driver of MySQL to keep the service.

Thank you.

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: