Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Deselecting an Agent ?

jon_taylor1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,.

Does anyone know of a method for deselecting a resource in a script ?

Been asked check the feasibility of something,... lets say broadly speaking, we have agents based in two locations - all sit in the same CSQ,.

I have been asked if it's possible to check which location a selected agent is based, and then offering the caller the option to instead connect to an agent from their 'preferred' location,..

• I have a select resource step - with connect set to 'No'
  • Using the 'Get User Info step',. I obtain the agents DN,.  which I use to determine their location 
  • Then, depending on location I have if and menu steps to either A: Route the call and  B: offer the chance to pick an agent from the 'other' location or go ahead and connect the call if no preference.

script.png

Rightly or wrongly I assumed that jumping back to the Select Resource would do the trick,...problem I have is that when jumping back,  the initial selected agent stays 'reserved',.

Any ideas ? ,. or maybe it's not possible ?

Cheers

JT

6 Replies 6

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

I do not think you can manipulate the intended target of the Select Resource step from within the Selected output branch.  That function is tied to the resource selected by your User variable.  The only two options are 'Selected' and 'Failed'.

If you want to manipulate the target of the "Select Resource" palette item, I don't think there is any option to do it within the function, other than the "Failed" outcome branch--and that just means the intended User resource didn't answer.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Sean

Thanks Sean, much appreciated.  I'll try and come up with alternative ideas to give to management.

The only thing I can thnk of is, present the choice to the call contact prior to the Select Resource step.  Then invoke an Agent Based Select using the following type of method:

2021-0119-agentBaseRouting.png

In this example, the Agent Resource can still be designated (manually selected, so to speak), but then if the select step fails, an alternate can be selected.  You could nest Agent Resource Select steps as deep as you wanted in the Failed branch(es), or default to an ACD queue in the final Failed branch.

Just my two bits...

-Sean

Example expanded with Time Zones as designated outputs for Preferred Agent and CSQs:

2021-0119-agentBaseRouting2.png

jon_taylor1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Sean,.  more than appreciated!,.   I'll look into this!

You're welcome!

-Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: