Due to the current Covid-19 circumstances, I've been asked to set up a second language option on our help desk script so that we can provide some help to our parents. We have 15 agents and 4 of those are dual language speakers (English/Spanish) and I need to route those parent calls to the dual language speaker.
I've added the language, created a Skill group and assigned the agents to the skill group and also a new CSQ with the Skill group associated to it.
I'm still unsure on how to put those Spanish only callers to those agents!
I figure a menu option at the top of my helpdesk script for the language split but after that I'm lost. Do I create new mid queue wait prompts in Spanish? If so, how do I target only the Spanish speaking callers and not the English speakers? The dual language agents need to answer both Spanish and English speaking callers.
UCCX version 12
Any help would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I thank you so much for this! So just having the prompts being named the same (as long as they are in the correct language folder) and the set contact step has been made after the menu option, the UCCX engine will automagically chose the correct language prompts?
As for the CSQ string variable, would the value be "CSQ1,CSQ2" - using a comma to allow multiple CSQ names?
Just want to let you know that it's working well, thanks to the help here.
Just one quick question - which I'll post to a new question if needed:
How do I deal with the call back script and having just those agents get the callback call? The script is just the basic call holding pattern provided by cisco
You can keep the conversation going here, that's fine.
So, I assume your CSQ variable's value is set statically to something in the variables pane in the lower left of the editor window?
And what you're looking to do is dynamically change the CSQ based on the original callers language choice?
If so, then there are probably 100 ways to solve this but I think the easiest way for you to do this would be with a new Trigger on that callback application.
Then, in your main script, change the phone number you use in the Place Call step to trigger (no pun intended) the Callback app, make it a variable just like you did with your CSQ name, and set the value up by the language menu, just like you did with your CSQ name.
Now, in your callback app, use the Get Call Contact Info step to pull out the Called Number (aka the Trigger), and then using an If step, compare the called number to the new Trigger you created, and if it's a match, set the CSQ to the spanish CSQ, and if not then set it to the existing CSQ name (I assume that's the english one).
That should do it. Maybe @Sean Lynch will come along with a visualization for us. ;)
I might need the visuals!
I've added a secondary trigger to the callback script, included an if statement to look for the trigger and a set statement to push it to the correct CSQ, but still having a problem wrapping my head around what I need to do in the main script. Right now, I have a Place call step pointing to the trigger extension in the destination and I'm not sure how I can point it to different triggers depending on CSQ.
Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to help on this!