cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX-Dynamically switching local CID by campaign

bamick-harc
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm currently up against a wall vs a cloud VoIP callcenter provider because they have one major feature that I can't figure out how to get in CUCM/CCX - Outbound Local Caller ID, aka the ability for the system to automatically switch your external caller mask based on the local area of the end caller, specifically so to be able to have a local callback to a specific call center queue as well.

Basically, in the hosted system, they just associate a number of "local caller IDs" to an outbound campaign, which are then tied in on the inbound queue as translating transparently. I know I would have to own a number of DIDs to match all the local CIDs we would want, but I'm not sure how we would implement them. Is there any way to make a similar action on CUCM/CCX? Even if I have to use a large number of translations to relay the inbound, that would be fine, but the outbound side I have no idea how we could make this happen.

Fictitious example of what I need: We are in the 404 area code, and cold-calling clients in the 303, 512, 640, and 221 area codes. We purchase 1 DID for each area code we want to call to, and terminate them to our SIP trunk at HQ. When we call though our outbound campaign to the client in the 303 area code, our CID would show as (303)123-4567, but if we call the 512 area code, it shows as (512)123-4567, and so on. We would then have all of these DIDs translated to our DID in the 404 area code (or TF number) that directs them to our inbound queue for callbacks.

Anyone have any idea?

2 Replies 2

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

On UCM create a specific route patter such as 1303! and set the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to be the DID you want to present. Use a partition and CCS to select this route pattern.

The other thing I have done is to prefix the outbound number on a campaign basis. This not only allows you to present a local number but you can match that number to a specific campaign.

Graham

On UCM create a specific route patter such as 1303! and set the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to be the DID you want to present. Use a partition and CCS to select this route pattern.

So in this method, it just picks up on areas dialed to that area code, and translates to a local DID for that area. This would definitely be feasible for a main line number, but wouldn't be able to be traced back to an inbound campaign because it wouldn't be unique, correct?

The other thing I have done is to prefix the outbound number on a campaign basis. This not only allows you to present a local number but you can match that number to a specific campaign.

This sounds more along the lines of what I would need to accomplish. So would we handle this by just appending an additional prefix to all the numbers dialed by the campaign to be able to acquire that translation that is tied directly to that campaign? This sounds feasible for single-area campaigns, but for nation-wide plans, it sounds very messy to administrate, as we'd have to come up with a whole brand new dial rules for every single campaign and every dial pattern they need to dial, correct? Or could you elaborate with your logic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: