Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - E-Mail addresses that map to this CSQ

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am trying to configure the UCCX Agent EMail Feature. After completing 95% of the configuration, i stuck at "E-Mail addresses that map to this CSQ" in Cisco Desktop Administrator. Always is running fine. But, I am using a domain like mylab.local. This will not accepted by the UCCX-Server. If i change the local with de, com, or whatever is an real extension, this is accepted. But this cannot run, because of the wrong email address from CSQ.

It is very difficult to change the domain name of the whole lab environment. Maybe someone has a hint to solve this issue.

UCCX: 8.5.1 SU3 (i know, SU4 is on. I am going to upgrade. In the meanwhile i am hoping for tips)

Windows Domain Conrtoller: Windows Server 2012 Standard

Exchange Server 2013 (i know, it`s currently not supportet. But i think that`s not the problem)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can have multiple email domains on Exchange, that doesn't mean you have to change the whole AD domain. For example, lots of companies have company.local or company.internal as the AD name, but seperate email domains with public TLDs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can have multiple email domains on Exchange, that doesn't mean you have to change the whole AD domain. For example, lots of companies have company.local or company.internal as the AD name, but seperate email domains with public TLDs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Solved:

UCCX is now updated to SU4. As expected, no changes regarding email.

Because of the hints from Aaron, i can solve my problem on the Exchange Server. Now, Exchange 2013 on Windows Server 2012 is running fine. If you also have an lab environment, where the top level domain looks like .local (crucial is, that the tld has more than 4 characters. This is not accepted by UCCX), than have a look at the following solution.

How to routing email into UCCX:

• On the Exchange server configure an distribution group as describe in uccx guides. Owner of the group can be an account with .local tld. CCXMail@mylab.local for example.
  • Additionally configure the email address you want to queue in UCCX under E-Mail Option within the distribution group. uccx@mylab.de for example.
  • In the Cisco Desktop Administrator configure in Agent E-mail Settings the Global Settings with the CCXMail Account for IMAP-Server
  • Also in CDA set the mail address in the "E-Mail addresses that map to this CSQ"-field from CSQ-Settings. uccx@mylab.de in this example. All other email boxes leave blank (this is for sending mails)

How to send emails return to sender or forward it:

• Because of the fact, that the account "uccx@mylab.de" cannot be entered into the distribution group and mailbox at the same time, you have to use another email address within this account for sending mails.
  • In this account, we add additional new email addresses. One for autoreply, noreply@mylab.de. One for forwarding, forward@mylab.de. Or only just one of this for all.
  • In the Cisco Desktop Administrator configure in Agent E-mail Settings the Global Settings with the noreply account for SMTP Server
  • Also in CDA set the mail addresses in the appropriate fields from CSQ-Settings.Dependend on use case noreply@mylab.de or forward@mylab.de in this example.

Thats all...

Hey - glad you have it sorted, and it's good of you to report back what you've done in such detail.

Aaron

Hi,

I just want to know what did you do on Exchange server to solve the issue!!

Thanks

Naoufal

Long time ago,

so i cannot replicate the problem, because i do not longer user Exchange. I guess the right answer is given by Aaron.

If you use the Exchange in your lab, try an alternative like hMailServer. This is an easy to install and configure Mailserver. It is also usable with UCCX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: