cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Editor 8.0 vs. 9.0

hans.choi
Level 1
Level 1

I accidently load a script from 8.0.2 UCCX server using UCCX editor 9.0.2 then overwrite on it. Application Management deosn't like to load the script anymore. I know Time of Day is changed in 8.5 but it still says 'An error occurred while loading the Script SCRIPT[mainmenu.aef]. Please check log for more details.' message even though I removed all time of day and day of week section. If I try to open in UCCX Editor 8.0.2, it says 'Failed to load script file; com.cisco.script.ScriptIOException: Failed to load script: \default\/mainmenu.aef; nested exception is: java.io.IOException: unsupported version format: 7'

Any idea what I need to remove/change to load in UCCX Editor 8.0.2?

Kwang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you open a script in a particular editor, its "converted" to that editor's version and fingerprinted.

Your best bet is to create a new blank script and just start recreating the script from scratch in the proper editor.  Trying to edit out the steps you think are causing the error is futile.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you open a script in a particular editor, its "converted" to that editor's version and fingerprinted.

Your best bet is to create a new blank script and just start recreating the script from scratch in the proper editor.  Trying to edit out the steps you think are causing the error is futile.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you for the quick reply. It is about 500 lines, so I will take a look at DRS backup data.

Thanks again.

Kwang