Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX email queues

Scott Brien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been in the process of configuring email queues for our CCX 8.5 environment with exchange 2010, all configurations look good now and we are posed with the issue of users being stuck in either email not ready state or email logout state.

The agent email tab in desktop administrator is stuck on loading.

anyone come across issues similar to this?

Regards,

Scott

47 Replies 47

Hi Henrik,

Have you had any joy with this lately? We haven’t had much time to work on it, however we may have this sent to the development team at Cisco if our current TAC engineer cannot resolve issue.

Will keep you posted.

Scott

Hi Scott.

No, we still have problems. Sometimes agent can answer mail, other agents can't login, some get stuck in loading. We have an open TAC case, but I'm not updated on progress. Think we may need to raise to prority 2 soon.

Are you running on Exchange 2010 also ?

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

That’s a shame, yes we are running exchange 2010 also.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

We have changed our e-mail accounts back to Exchange 2003 to verify if it works here. We had issues configuring SMTP setting which were solved by activation Basic Authentification on Exchange server. According to documentation it should be working with No authentication or Basic Authentification, but thats not the case according to this bug id :CSCtu28025, which seems to be correct as it's working now.

We have agentes testing on java versions 1.6.0_20, 1.6.0_27 and 1.6.0_29 and so far we haven't seen problems on any of them and have primarially tested on 1.6.0_29 jave based agent.

We will test for a while before switching our mailboxes back to Exchange 2010 and test again there.

Regards

Henrik

Hi Scott (and others using e-mail on UCCX)

Since we activated basic authentification on Exchange 2003 e-mail has been deliverede to email CSQ in UCCX. However we still experience that mails remain in the UCCX queues, even if agent are e-mail ready (both in agent and also in supervisor.

We did some testing and found what cause this and i wonder if anyone else has seen this behaviour:

• When agent is placed in not ready state due to missed ICD call,  e-mail agent is in ready state but doesn’t receive e-mails from CSQ  before having been not ready and ready state again.

I  would expect that when agent misses a call both voice and email should  be set to not ready? Functionality correct but display is wrong

• When agent is placed in not ready state due to outgoing call on  agent line, e-mail agent also goes not ready and when call is finished  it goes ready again but doesn’t receive e-mails from CSQ before having  been in not ready and ready state again.

Display correct but functionality is wrong

• When agent is receiving ICD call e-mail agent is placed into not  ready state and when call is finished agent is automatically placed into  E-mail ready again, but doesn’t receive e-mails from CSQ before having  been in not ready and ready state again.

Display correct but functionality is wrong.

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

after an upgrade to 8.5 I have the same experience on my customer Agents.

Have you resolved this behaviour?

My agents are confused about this issue and until now, their action is to closing and opening the CAD everytime it happens

The Exchange server is 2003 and I can migrate it to 2010 if necessary

Thanks

Franco

Hi Franco

Cisco will deliver a fix for this E-mial issue before 2012.03.19 I have been promised. Until then I have made diabled the functionallity so that agent go Email not ready when receiving a voice call just as in version 7. I have made a workflow that activates on all calls that pops up on screen reminding agents to go E-mail ready again, when a call is dropped.

I'm affraid thats the best (and only?) workaround until fix is available

Henrik

Thanks Henrik,

do you know other issue with exchange 2003 and 2010 joined in the same domain or any issue with this new java version?

Now we are using a mailbox stored on 2003 but asap we are moving to 2010. With older CAD the system worked fine but not now and the Agent are very frustrated.

They told me that this issue is not the same of your, similar but not the same. So now I have to investigate on this issue.

Any idea or know bug ?

Thanks a lot

Franco

Hi Franco

I'm not quite sure which errors you are referring to, but there is a description here from Cisco about agent states:: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/634/fn63487.html

We also have 2003 / 2010 exchange in same domain and currently user 2003 for E-mail queues. When all errors in UCCX has been solved, we will move to 2010.

I haven't been able to pinpoint any issues on agents depending on their Java versions, it's seem to be running fairly stabile on 1.6.0.20 as well as 1.6.0.29. Only this is that you need to clear java temp files, specially if you upgrade the java version but also if you experience agents with mails stuck in loading state in the CAD.

You can delete the temp files in java control panel under general/settings or run this command on the PC (javaws -uninstall)

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

after furter investigation I found an older Java version on client desktop, because the 1.6.0.20 has problem with oracle application used by the agent. Now I moved to version 1.6.0.31 and I'm testing the CAD and the Oracle application.

During my test I have had some different issues, ie: agent doesn’t receive e-mails from CSQ also if I change from not ready and ready state after a ICD call, agent cannot write on the mail because the applet is locked etc...

I have also this issue , when the agent add the template in the e-mail, the template is formatted in a single line instead multiple line. Do you know any bug for this?

In later version this worked fine. I've tried to delete and add the template again but with no luck.

Thank

Bye

Franco

Hi Franco

I did see the problem with agent templates and if you use "
" as insert line as below it works(

Med venlig hilsen

NetDesign A/S

Hørmarken 2

DK-3520 Farum

Tlf.: +45 44358000

www.netdesign.dk
>

Most of our agents run java 1.6.0.26, whcih is old but a "seure" version compared to others. I think i did test with newest version and that didn't work. I haven't seen issues with version 1.6.0.29 either

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks a lot, after some test I found the same solution for the mail template.

In CAD with java 1.6.0.31 I have the same issue with email, the agent doesn’t receive e-mails from CSQ also if I change the state in not ready and ready again.

I'll try the 1.6.0.26 now... after that, I'll open a TAC case.

Franco

Hi Franco

CAD is supported only up to java version 1.6.0.20, so I don't think you will have much luck with that It's in the documentation somewhere, don't remember where.

BUT i think you should do it anyway so that we can point out to Cisco that they are falling behind on Java support and need to imporove on that. Actually we should open a TAC case for the agent template also, so that it will be fixed in future versions.

Let me know result if you do make a case for it.

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

today I have rebooted the server and now the system seem to works fine.

Have you seen an issue on e-mail when there is an attachment and this attachment is duplicated ?

Expecially if during the elaboration the agent receive an ACD call.

When the email came back to the agent from the draft state, in this email there are two attachment instead of one.

Thanks, have a nice weekend

Franco

Hi Henrik,

We have a customer who needs the agent email to be stored at least 10 years. As my understanding, the email will be deleted after agent processes it. How can we keep the email somewhere so that they are not deleted? My understanding might be wrong, so can you please direct me to the useful documents if you know any?

Thanks.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: