Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX emergencyCheck script

alexgrinberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to implement the emergencyCheck script from Cisco repository.

All looks good but I don't understand to where copy the emergency.xml file.

what is customer folder in UCCX.

sorry, first time dealing with xml file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With automatically, I mean that when you use the path System.getProperty("uccx.customer.dir") in the script, system creates a folder in the below location and store the file there that is not accessible normally.

/opt/cisco/uccx/document/System

The folders that you see on UCCX under Document Management such as en, en_US etc are located at the below location that is accessible normally:

/opt/cisco/uccx/document/User

in the script notes indicates that emergency.xml should be located in the customer folder.

As mentioned in my very first e-mail, if you want not to do that way then simply upload the emergency.xml in the Document Management on UCCX under the folder that you have set as your Default Language for UCCX and then in the Create XML Document step, simply define emergency.xml inside a document variable and use it as Source Document and system will pick it that way as well

is there any benefit for the customer to access  the uccx customer folder and upload files?

Yes absolutely, chances of someone accessing into UCCX administration and deleting the document by mistake is not possible in this scenario. Hence, no worries of calls getting failed due to document not found error

is customer  can access to this folder without to be able to access to uccx server?

As mentioned earlier, you can access the file using CLI provided UCCX server is up. You do not need access to the GUI of UCCX but the server should be up and only then CLI will work and the file will be accessible

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply upload the emergency.xml file into Document Management on UCCX. Customer folder is nothing but a location that is created in the root of UCCX system which is directly not accessible from an administration perspective.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your reply. But I would like to understand what the way to access and upload documents to customer folder. Can you please explain?

The files (emergency.xml in this case) will get stored/uploaded into the root location of UCCX system using the path System.getProperty("uccx.customer.dir") automatically. From an administration perspective, you can use the below commands from CLI to view/get them since you will not be able to access them from web admin:

file uccx list custom_file *
file uccx get custom_file *

However, I really do not think there will be any need since system will just access that custom location on its own and will return the value from that emergency.xml file that you really need to execute script further.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak, what do you mean automatically?

in the script notes indicates that emergency.xml should be located in the customer folder.

is there any benefit for the customer to access  the uccx customer folder and upload files?

is customer  can access to this folder without to be able to access to uccx server?

With automatically, I mean that when you use the path System.getProperty("uccx.customer.dir") in the script, system creates a folder in the below location and store the file there that is not accessible normally.

/opt/cisco/uccx/document/System

The folders that you see on UCCX under Document Management such as en, en_US etc are located at the below location that is accessible normally:

/opt/cisco/uccx/document/User

As mentioned in my very first e-mail, if you want not to do that way then simply upload the emergency.xml in the Document Management on UCCX under the folder that you have set as your Default Language for UCCX and then in the Create XML Document step, simply define emergency.xml inside a document variable and use it as Source Document and system will pick it that way as well

Yes absolutely, chances of someone accessing into UCCX administration and deleting the document by mistake is not possible in this scenario. Hence, no worries of calls getting failed due to document not found error

As mentioned earlier, you can access the file using CLI provided UCCX server is up. You do not need access to the GUI of UCCX but the server should be up and only then CLI will work and the file will be accessible

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak for your detailed explanation.

You are welcome Alex and thanks for updating the forum with Correct Answer.

Regards

Deepak

All,

Just to resurrect this thread. I have the same issue and would like to understand this a bit more please. I am trying to use the 'icd demo' script from Cisco script repository as it covers emergency and holiday checks. However getting stuck with the emergency.xml document and this whole thing about the 'Customer' path.

With the 'System.getProperty("uccx.customer.dir")' method you describe I get the same issue and confusion about the path shown in the script and how/where you place the emergency.xml document. My trigger is set to use 'en_GB' so have tried uploading to this directory with no success.

How do I access these paths and actually put my XML file there? ('/opt/cisco/uccx/document/System' 'opt/cisco/uccx/document/User')

Or the 2nd method you describe this and I would love to know how to actually do this:

if you want not to do that way then simply upload the emergency.xml in the Document Management on UCCX under the folder that you have set as your Default Language for UCCX and then in the Create XML Document step, simply define emergency.xml inside a document variable and use it as Source Document and system will pick it that way as well

Can you please elaborate on how you would do this part?

On the 'Create XML Document' step I can see it is set as follows in it's default state:

with the variable 'fileLoc' set as a string which I see populate with the Customer path when I do a debug and I always get file not found.

I can change the source document to 'doc' and can see the variable for this as below but not sure how to get this option working:

Thanks for the help.

--

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: