cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX engine and Finesse

TXG
Level 5
Level 5

I'm curious if the subscriber becomes the master UCCX engine if agents can still log into Finesse running on the publisher without noticing any difference or do they need to log into Finesse hosted by the subscriber ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fail over is almost seamless. There will be a brief period where the desktop will attempt the connection, but after that agents will be fine. Rarely do agents have to manually login after a failure.

david

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Fail over is almost seamless. There will be a brief period where the desktop will attempt the connection, but after that agents will be fine. Rarely do agents have to manually login after a failure.

david

Thanks David.  I re-read your reply and it answered my question.

Thanks again

You should know though, that in the way you asked your original question, the answer is: It depends.

You see, depending on your version of UCCX, one of two things can happen:

1. Versions on 11.5 or lower
    1. If the server the Agents are accessing can redirect them, it will
    2. If the server the Agents are accessing cannot redirect them (e.g., hard down), then the Agents will be shown a connection failure message by their browser and not be able to login.
  2. Versions on 11.6 and higher
    1. If the server the Agents are accessing can handle their request, but is Engine Slave, they will login here anyways, and not be redirected to the Master Engine
    2. If the server the Agents are accessing cannot handle their request (e.g., hard down), then the Agents will be shown a connection failure message by their browser and not be able to login.

In either case, introducing a front end load balancer, which can redirect the Agent to a prioritized and intelligent list servers, would alleviate these sign in issue.  I have actually written such a tool in Node-RED.  It acts as a front end web server you give the URL of to your Agents, say finesse.company.com, and then through the logic system, will result in a redirection to one of the UCCX servers, based on a simple set of rules.  Of course, you can use any load balancer technology you'd like here, this is just something I did for fun.  Graphic below for easy viewing, program file attached as plain text.

node-RED-flow.png