cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Expected Wait Time == -1 or 0 even though there is a queue

robcav86
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to troubleshoot a script provided by an outside vendor... they have not been able to identify the issue and there is a lot of "business motivation" to get it working

The script gets Expected Wait Time from the UCCX queue and gives the caller a static prompt of 1-10 or more than 10 minutes. It seems like UCCX is delivering this as either -1 or 0 

Can anyone help me figure out why UCCX is returning this as a wait time?

8 Replies 8

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Expected Wait Time is provided under the Get Reporting Statistic step. It results in a numeric variable, that you should be converting into a prompt to play back. You can set this statistic to a call variable as well to test that you are getting the correct numerical value.

Are you able to post the script and properties of the Reporting Statistic?

Can you post the script snipped where you're getting the EWT?

This is pretty generic but captures the concept.  This will get the system EWT from the variable CSQ, and output it as a integer.  The second step will take that integer and generate a prompt speaking that number.  In your queue message, add this prompt onto your spoken wait time prompt.

These two lines are best placed in the queued step so CCX doesn't try to generate this every call that does not get queued.

EWT.JPG

EWT2.JPG

Have it configured this way but still gives the value of EWT as "-1"

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Were you able to fix this ?

Hey 

If the excepted Waittime is -1 or 0, it means that the system cannot calculate the time. This happens if all your agents are in not ready (Because the system doesn't know when they come back.), or the call calculation base is to low. (first calls during the day)

So your can take care of this in your script

if EWT < 1 Then

- Play default waittime (Could be lets says 3 min.)

Else 

- Play real waittime

If you have a long pause in your call volume during the day, the excepted waittime can again be 0 or -1until it have some calls to do the calculation out from

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

@Thomas G. Johannesen +5, 

This is what I normally include in my CCX scripts where ever i use EWT. 

Regards, 

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for your inputs.

In my case, it was the less number of calls which set the wait time to -1 since it js new setup and CSQ dint had enough calls for the system to calculate the expected wait time.

Once there were enough calls, I was getting the correct EWT.