cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Express 8.5 Call Recording - No Audio

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I set up call recording on a 8.5 server. When a call comes into the CAD i press the record button that I set up in the CAD tool bar. When I go to listen to the recording there is not audio but playing back the message it appears to be the correct length so i beleive its recording. I also tryed to save it locally and play it through windows media player and still no audio.I have disabled G722 advertismentm, calls re setting up as G711.

3 Replies 3

aniramac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Have you tried manually exporting the recordings? You can follow the steps on page 43 of this guide.

While creating a recording, can you please get a Wireshark capture from the agent PC, and "utils network capture" saved to file from UCCX? Also, the CAD logs and Cisco Desktop Recording And Playback Service logs please.

While playing back a recording, can you please get a Wireshark capture from  the CSD PC, and "utils network capture" saved to file from UCCX? Also, the CSD logs and Cisco Desktop Recording And Playback Service logs please.

These details will help us isolate.

If CAD PC sends RTP and UCCX does not receive it, there is a network issue in recording.

If CAD PC does not send RTP, UCCX will not receive it, there is a PC issue.

If CAD PC does not send RTP and UCCX receives it, there is something weird going on.

If UCCX sends RTP and CSD PC does not receive it, there is a network issue in recording.

If UCCX does not send RTP, we need to check if the CSD playback request was received at the service level.

If manual export and playback works, then the recording has been stored fine.

If manual export and playback does not work, then there may be something erroneous with the raw2wav utility packaged with CSD.

Thanks & Regards,
Anirudh
"Protocol, then product"

Thanks & Regards, Anirudh "Protocol, then product"

I was able to save the recording locally. I tried to play the local copy and it reacted the same way - it playes the file for the time that I recoreded but no audio. I will try the wireshark.

Could you verify if NIC in your Agent desktop appear in compatibility matrix for these feature on UCCX 8.5?

jm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: