Views
Helpful
Replies

Uccx feature ?

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question regarding uccx feature.
Our customer would like to implement an IVR with the following criteria:

A PSTN phone calls my customer at number 999 which is a CTI_RP for IVR.
The IVR begins and asked the caller to press an "office code" in order to reach an external PSTN phone. So if the caller enters the DTMF "55" for instance, he's redirected to a PSTN number "YYYYYYYY". If he enters the DTMF "44", he's redirected to a PSTN number "XXXXXXXX" and so on and so on...
My question is: Is there a way to set the value "PSTN number" depending of the DTMF entered bay the caller ? For my customer I need 200 different location (external number) ?

Is it possible to have this kind of behaviour ? What's the design ?

Thank you
Regards

Fabian

15 Replies 15

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

There could possibly be a simpler way to do this.

You could create a UCM partition containing translation patterns that translate the DTMF code to the PSTN number.

The CTI ports used by the UCCX application could access this partition in their CSS - no need for XML or Database.

Set your script to dial the entered DTMF code and it will be translated to the PSTN number

Would make it easy to add new DTMF - PSTN codes but maybe not too great on the CUCM front havng 200 translation patterns.

Just a thought

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: