Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX file naming

Martyn Sharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I can't find anywhere file naming for  UCCX, for prompts scripts or documents. I know upper and lower case are treated different even when you have 2 files the same name. What about special characters or spaces.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Besides "_" or "-" I would never use any other special character in a one of these files, is there a reason you would consider that?

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to what Chris said, try to keep the names as simple as possible since at times customers use special characters other than - and _ along with spaces as well in the names. What this does is, you will be able to upload them but when it will come to delete the prompts, it will be a nightmare.

Then you will need to contact TAC and they will take the root of your system and will need to delete it that way. Hence, keep the names as simple as possible and if you really want to use special characters limit it to - and _

Regards

Deepak

Martyn Sharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys, I thought spaces were bad but not sure why. I have a customer with some prompt names with spaces.

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add, might not be very useful though but good to know stuff:

The maximum length of each individual folder name and file name within a directory is 64 characters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: