cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Finesse call waiting

dannoofWI
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX 10.6.1 su3 - Agents in a couple different applications notice Calls Waiting when there are agents available and Ready. The call waiting does not appear in other agents display or the supervisor display. Time in queue continues to increment and if the agent logs out and back in the call disappears. Teams have recently migrated from CAD and did not not the problem in CAD.

14 Replies 14

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Hmmm can you please post your script(s)?

Typically, these problems are caused by;

1. Script misconfigurations

2. The use of unsupported phone features (i.e. DND, iDivert, Hunt, etc.).

3. The use of unsupported UCCX and phone configurations

4. And of course, there's always the possibility of s/w bugs

Check out the release notes here and search for: Important Notes.

The sections you really want to read about is called "Unsupported Configurations and Scenarios for Unified CCX", "Unsupported Actions for Unified CCX Agents" and "Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones". Just make sure your system and agents adhere to these guidelines. If everything appears to be Ok, then we can take a closer look at the script(s).

Thanks for the reply.

These users and this application have been in service for quite some time. I did check the unsupported scenarios and things look legit. These users did not notice this issue when using CAD. The problem is spread across different users, different scripts, applications, csq's, etc.

I cannot attach a script for some reason.

It's going to be difficult to troubleshoot this problem if you're unable to post your script(s), provide screenshots or logs. The more detail you can provide, the better. If you have any concerns about disclosing sensitive information, then scrub the files before you post them.

Who knows... this problem might be a bug. There's dozens of bugs related to Cisco Finesse v10.6(3) but which bug best describes your problem??? For all I know, you might not be providing the best description of the problem. Better yet, perhaps the logs contain error codes. This would help to identify this problem.

Are you using the default desktop layout for Cisco Finesse? Or, did you create custom desktop layout(s) for each Team? If so, do you notice any problems; meaning, do agents use the same layouts or is there a particular Gadget URL that's all jacked up? If you did create custom desktop layouts, my advice would be... copy and paste the custom desktop layout(s) to notepad, then revert back to the default and see if this resolves your problems. 

Another possibility could be, are you using the following steps in your script(s)? If so, how often and what's the timeout value;

Select Resource

Call Redirect

Call Consult Transfer

What's the Ring-No-Answer (RNA) Timeout value for the agents?

Again, without knowing the details... no logs, scripts or screenshots. Honestly, I feel like I am trying to troubleshoot this problem in the dark.

Sorry, it was not my intention to make you "troubleshoot this problem in the dark."It seems I have been able to attach scripts in the past and because this is not a high priority problem yet I have not had the time to figure out why I could not attach them. At this point I was thinking perhaps someone had seen this Finesse problem before. It seemed to be highly coincidental that we did not have this problem until the agents started using Finesse instead of CAD when that was the only change.

Could it be that the agents stats on their pc is missing a notification update from the server that there is a call waiting, or a call waiting has been answered?

So, you can customize the Cisco Finesse layout when you navigate and login as the Finesse Administrator. If you haven't customize the layout, then you're using the default layout - which is fine.

Regardless which one you have, most of the gadgets should be populated by live data reports provided by UCCX (via CUIC). Here's the default "Home Page" gadgets;

<tab>
                <id>home</id>
                <label>finesse.container.tabs.agent.homeLabel</label>
                <columns>
                    <column>
                        <gadgets>
                            <gadget>https://localhost:8444/cuic/gadget/LiveData/LiveDataGadget.jsp?gadgetHeight=125&viewId=76D964AD10000140000000830A4E5E6F&filterId=AgentCSQStats.csqName=CL&compositeFilterId=AgentCSQStats.AgentIds.agentId=loginId</gadget>
                            <gadget>https://localhost:8444/cuic/gadget/LiveData/LiveDataGadget.jsp?gadgetHeight=350&viewId=5C626F9C10000140000000600A4E5B33&filterId=ResourceIAQStats.resourceId=CL%20teamName</gadget>
                        </gadgets>
                    </column>
                </columns>
            </tab>

The text (gadget) highlighted in red identifies the CSQ Name, number of calls in queue and oldest call in queue based on the AgentID assigned to the CSQ.

Live data reports are considered real-time reports. If something happens (i.e. a call is handled, abandoned, etc.) then Cisco Finesse should reflect this change within a second or so... of course, that's depending on network latency. This is simply a live data report via URL. You can web directly to this report without going through Cisco Finesse. These gadgets simply provide a connection to resources, like; reports, embedded browsers or applications, tools, etc.

That's why I asked you before... did you create custom layouts and assign them to agents? If so, perhaps you messed up and gave these agents a bad layout. If everything looks Ok. Then, you can unassign and reassign the agents to the same RG, Skills and Team... pretty much, unallocated the agent. Start over. Then, recreate the accounts and see what happens.

You can zip your scripts and attach the zip file.

I think its coincidental that when the agents logout and log back in the calls waiting disappear.

Can you check the following:

play prompt steps inside the queued loop are interruptible (i.e. interruptible is set to yes)

those agents are part of the queue which has the calls waiting by checking the printable report of the CSQ (by opening the CSQ in RmCm webpage)

Chakshu,

You're 100% correct. If the queue contained non-interruptible prompts, then yes, the caller would be forced to endure the entire duration of the prompt(s) before they reached the agent. For example, let's say, the queue contained a non-interruptible 20sec informational prompt. This would happen (please bare with me);

- A user calls the Helpdesk.

- The call reaches the Select Resource step.

- There's no available agents to handle the call, so the call is queued.

- While queued, the caller hears Music-On-Hold (MOH) and a series of non-interruptible prompts.

- During one of the non-interruptible prompts, one agent becomes available.

- Agent XYZ is assigned to this caller and the agent is placed into Reserved status, while the caller is "removed" from the queue and passed through the Select Resource step again.

- If the agent doesn't answer within the Timeout value (Ring-No-Answer) or if there's problems (i.e. failures, out of service, etc.) then, the call is presented to another agent or queued.

While this could be a possibility... I placed this one on the backburner simply because he described this problem as only impacting a handful of agents assigned to different CSQs and Applications (scripts). This problem could be CSQ (Skills) related but then again, I don't know what the scripts or configs look like.

Thanks for everyone's help, here is what I have been able to find.

If I run the CUIC Real Time report which this gadget is running, "Agent CSQ Statistics Report", I get the same behavior, the stats  only update if I manually refresh. The time keeps running but after the call has been answered the call waiting count only changes if I manually refresh.

Ok, then I have a few questions for you;

1. Do you know if ALL of these agents are using the default Cisco Finesse 'Desktop Layout'? Or, did you or someone else create custom layouts?

To verify this, check the following; 

- Login to Cisco Finesse Administration

- Click on the [Desktop Layout] tab

- Compare the active (default) Finesse Layout XML to the Finesse Default Layout XML. If something was changed with the default layout, you should be able to quickly identify those changes. This layout applies to everyone, unless...

2. Do you know if custom Desktop Layouts have been created and if so, are they enabled/disabled?

To verify this, check the following;

- Login to Cisco Finesse Administration

- Click on the [Team Resources] tab

- Select a Team

- Under each Team, there's 6 tabs; Desktop Layout, Phone Books, Reason Codes (NR), etc.

- Click on the [Desktop Layout] tab

NOTE: The same concept applies here as well. If the Override System Default checkbox is not checked, then whatever layout is provided by the active (default) Finesse Layout XML will be populated here. If the Override System Default checkbox is checked, then you can customize the layout for the resources assigned to this Team. Which brings up question #3.

3. Can you please provide the Desktop Layouts, to include the Finesse Default Layout XML as well?

When you're running the Live Data report, are you running the stock Live Data report or are you running a custom Live Data report? When you run the 'Agent CSQ Statistics' Live Data report, select a Collection (i.e. Filter) and click "Run". You should notice a list of Agent IDs, CSQ Names, Calls Waiting and Longest Call in Queue... at the top, there's an Auto Refresh checkbox. This should be checked (enabled) by default. Also, you shouldn't be able to disable Auto Refresh under the stock Live Data reports unless you modified the folder permissions, or you referenced a custom 'Agent CSQ Statistics' Live Data report within the Desktop Layout and then, you disabled Auto Refresh and saved this custom layout. Real-time data wouldn't be automatically updated unless you refreshed the report or browser.

Who knows, this could be a bug but I haven't noticed any Bug IDs fitting this description. Have you tried to reconfigure the agent's profile, as if they were a brand new agent? Undo the agent's profile, apply changes, knock them offline (Cisco Finesse). You can go as far as removing the agent's number from the device. Then, reconfigure the agent's phone and profile. See what happens. You might be surprise.  

Thanks for the reply Mark - >"Also, you shouldn't be able to disable Auto Refresh under the stock Live Data reports unless you modified the folder permissions, or you referenced a custom 'Agent CSQ Statistics' Live Data report within the Desktop Layout and then, you disabled Auto Refresh and saved this custom layout."<

We do not have a premium CUIC version so I cannot change folder permissions (as far as I know), from your statement above can I presume ours may have been changed by a Desktop Layout because I can disable Auto Refresh? In fact unchecking Auto Refresh causes a 'New Updates' to be display next to Auto Refresh. Checking Auto Refresh again does update the Call Waiting count to its current state.

If its the case that a Desktop Layout messed this up how can we get back to having it work?

Honestly, it would be easier if I knew what your layout(s) looked like. Login to Cisco Finesse Administration and click on the [Desktop Layout] tab. Please copy/paste the following layouts; 

- Finesse Layout XML

- Finesse Default Layout XML

Next, click on the [Team Resources] tab. How many teams do you have? Which team(s) do these agents belong to? Click on the team(s) to reveal the Desktop Layout Configuration. Under the [Desktop Layout] tab, there's a setting called "Override System Default". If enabled ("Override System Default"), please copy/paste the 'Team' Desktop Layout XML content as well.

Attached are the layouts you asked for including the one for my Team which I am using to test this. So far it seems that any Team which has migrated to Finesse is having this issue. But that makes sense since they all reference the same CUIC live data report which itself is not working.

I should be able to default all the desktop layouts in Finesse but how can I fix the report in CUIC?

Thanks for all your help!

All of the layouts look Ok. Desktop Layout XML and Finesse Default Layout XML look identical to me. Finesse Layout XML had a few minor differences but no changes to the agent's Home tab. So, we can eliminate this from the list of potential problems.

Are you using self-signed certificates or CA-signed certificates? Do agents accept any certificates when they login? Do agents encounter certificate errors during the login process?

Open the Tomcat certificate. Under the Details tab, what is the format of the CN value (i.e. FQDN, Hostname, etc.)? The CN format should be FQDN. Verify DNS resolves to the FQDN of the UCCX server as well.

Which browser do agents typically use when they login to Cisco Finesse? Do agents experience problems with one browser vs another? Depending on the browser and browser settings, this might be the problem. Agents can modify the browser settings, so one agent might experience "problems" with Firefox whereas most agents do not. Verify the browser settings or try a difference browser. Also, how do agents login? They should login using the following URL format;

https://<FQDN>:8445/desktop/

Next, confirm all of the services display "In Service" on both nodes; Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability > Tools > Control Center [Network Services]. Which node is active [M] vs standby [S]? How long has each server been up? Is there any Core Dumps?

Login to Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (CUIC) and under the Data Sources tab, make sure the Data Sources (i.e. CUIC and UCCX) display a green checkmark under the Connected Node and Standby Node columns. By default, I believe the (UCCX) Data Source has a single connection which is listed as the Connected Node. Check the toggle button next to UCCX and click on Edit. Verify and test the connection. If needed, click on the Secondary tab and add the other node. Then, click on the Synchronize Cluster link IF you suspect the reporting templates, layouts, dashboards, etc. between each node is not identical.

NOTE: Cisco recommends you "sync clusters" during non-business hours.

And finally, have you performed a failover yet... or, have you recently restarted the UCCX servers?

Thank you all for the help with this.

I was finally able to get a restart approved and the restart resolved this issue.

Dan