cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX/Finesse - Team Information Not Updating

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

We had users switch 'Teams' within UCCX. I made the adjustment in UCCX however when you log into Finesse it still shows those specific users on their old/original Team, and not the adjusted/new Team.

Is there a specific service that needs to be restarted to get those to update; without having to completely restart UCCX during a Maintenance Window?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I had to manually restart the 'Cisco Finesse Tomcat' Service via CCX Serviceability. Once I did that on both servers and had the users refresh their Finesse Web pages it reflected the correct Team information.

Appreciate the replies by everyone. It helped lead me toward the needed fixed.  

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

What version of UCCX are you using? I'm assuming you are using the integrated Finesse and not a stand-alone server.

Regards.

UCCX Version: 11.6.2.10000-38

It's integrated with CUCM (12.x) 

Stand-alone? That's not even possible. Are you thinking CUIC?

Most certainly UCCX

When Configuring a 'Resource' (User) and assigning their 'Team'. 

In this case, I've changed 3 users to different teams and they're still showing up on the old teams inside of the Finesse Web end; even though in the backend administration shows differently (the new Team) for the user.

2018-11-19 11_52_24-Cisco Unified CCX Administration.png

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't need to restart any server side services when switching between teams. I do this a lot when testing, and so I can confirm it works without a server side service restart.

More than likely the issue is on the browser side. Make sure to have all Agents affected (those who you switched, and those who used to see them, or need to see them switched) close their sessions (logout of Finesse, exit all browser windows), and then re-launch Finesse.

Finesse is pretty strange when it comes to cached content, so you might even need to clear the browser cache on all machines too.

Here's my typical process for troubleshooting Finesse, going easiest to hardest:

1. Refresh browser (F5)
2. Sign Out/Sign In (leaving browser open)
3. Sign Out/Exit Browser (all instances)/Sign In
4. Sign Out/Clear Cache/Exit Browser (all instances)/Sign In

Gave that a shot but the teams are not updated. I tried on Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge even. It's been a few days since I made the change, and this is a change that I've made in the past before, for other users, which didn't require any user interaction with browsers. 

I feel as if there's a service that's not syncing and needs to be restarted. I'm just not entirely sure which service would handle the Team Information. 

Can you confirm the users team is changed under Subsystem > RmCm > Resources?

Can you re-iterate to me where exactly you are seeing the issue? I.e., Describe what you are seeing in more detail. Include users, capabilities, Finesse tabs, gadget names, etc.

Also, can you grab the following output from the CLI of the server and confirm that the user is on the correct team?

*Replace banana with your Agent's login ID

run uccx sql db_cra select r.resourcename, r.resourceid, t.teamname from resource as r left join team as t on r.assignedteamid = t.teamid where r.active = 't' and r.resourceloginid = 'banana' order by r.resourcename

Thank you for the CLI Command - It came back with the correct (new/updated) Team Name that the user should be on. 

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I had to manually restart the 'Cisco Finesse Tomcat' Service via CCX Serviceability. Once I did that on both servers and had the users refresh their Finesse Web pages it reflected the correct Team information.

Appreciate the replies by everyone. It helped lead me toward the needed fixed.  

So you did have to restart a service, and one that impacts Agents too nonetheless. That's not good. I would be curious to know if you switch an Agent's team right now, post restart, if it would reflect immediately, or if you would need to restart again; which should never be the case.