Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Flavours and the createEmail steps

xris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the createEmail and sendEmail steps are available in UCCX Standard and specifically in UCCX 8 ?

I have had a look around for this info but haven't found it and unfortunately all our clients with UCCX have Enhanced or Premium.

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sending e-mail as part of the script workflow is only available with the Premium licensing.  From the SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf

"Advanced IVR Port SMTP outbound mail subsystem that may be used at run time under workflow control to send an e-mail. Third-party paging or fax products that accept an incoming e-mail to invoke a page or fax service may use this subsystem to provide real-time paging and fax responses in addition to e-mail responses."

The above feature is only listed as included with Premium.  I have never really looked at Enhanced or Standard to see if that was indeed the case.

And in the UCCX scripting guide, volume 2.  It is also confirmed that e-mail transactions (like the ones you wish to use) are only supported with the Premium license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/user/guide/uccx801_step_ref.pdf

"The eMail Contact palette steps are runnable in your Cisco Unified CCX scripts

only if you have purchased the Cisco UnifiedIP IVR or Cisco Unified CCX

Premium license options."

So, the answer to your question appears to be it is not supported with Standard or Enhanced.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Need to resurrect an old thread on this topic.

Has anyone been able to use the createEmail/sendEmail steps with Enhanced licensing?

Based on the previous posts (and the current SRND) the verbiage points to workflow email requiring Premium ... however I'm not looking for any workflow tasks, only the use of the steps in a script to send out basic emails with some variable data.

I've never tried this(with Enhanced)..but if you know how to use the Steps to do it..try this in your Enhanced CCX Editor.

Settings>Options>Palettes Tab and Synchronize Licenses the rest should take care of itself...(if you can use the Steps after performing this then you should be good to go? Let us know..)

SynLic.png

Noted, thanks. The problem is I have Premium in my own environment, but no access to an enhanced license to test this for our client (there system is yet to be built).

Hi,

I am afraid it does not work with the Enhanced license package.

Take a look at the Editor Step Reference, page 111:

The eMail Contact palette steps are runnable in your Cisco Unified CCX scripts only if you have purchased the Cisco Unified IP IVR or Cisco Unified CCX Premium license options.

G.

P.S.: if you really, really need email functionality and there's absolutely no way of purchasing the Premium license package, you can try some Java magic. Take a look at the document I committed, recipes 3 or 4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: