cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX- get digit string playing "beep" sound before collecting digits.

Hi,

is there any way to play a beep after the prompt is played to enter digits using the "get digit string" step in UCCX? This is a configurable parameter using the "record" step, but not the "get digit string" step.

Is there any system prompt that can be used (as in : concatenate the custom "digit collecting" prompt with a system beep prompt, or is it required to embed the beep in the prompt referenced by the "get digit string" step (would be very cumbersome)

Kind regards,

Juan

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
As simple as it is, I have never relied on the Start Tone option for any recording or input. Usually I edit my prompt with Audacity and add my own tone to the end of the recorded greeting. Keeps it all together and I maintain the same tone across any greeting that requires it.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

As Mike correcly pointed, all you need is just to add the beep prompt into the Get Digit String. 

• Create a variable for beep sound (Prompt-Name (pbeep)
  • Add the file name in the Get digit string
  • Upload the prompt at Prompt Repository
  • if you configure as a parameter, point the prompt path in the Application page.

Get digit String.PNG

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Thx Rath and Mike - but I was kinda looking for a built-in beep, not having to rely on an external prompt.

The start tone is not available for the get digit string step - only for the recording step - hence my question as I use the get digit string step.

Kind regards,

Juan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: