Replies

UCCX HA Environment CTI Ports and Route Point Redundancy

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

UCCX HA Environment CTI Ports and Route Point Redundancy

1. Scenario

I have a HA UCCX Environment over WAN.

One UCCX Server in Local Office and other in Remote Data Centre.

Similarly I have one Local CUCM and other Remote DC CUCM.

I am trying to register the CTI port/ Route Points to Local CUCM and use the DC CUCM as fall back Option.

There are two setting one the CM Redundancy Group and Other the CTI Port Redundancy in UCCX.

Which one actually Decides the Order of registration of CTI Ports for UCCX ??

The SRND States

• CTI Ports Redundancy

"This deployment model allows either Unified CCX Engine component to fail over to a backup CTI Manager if the primary server fails. CTI Ports and CTI Route Points should be grouped into device pools that have the same primary and secondary server list as that used for JTAPI communications to the CTI Managers. "

From <http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/design/UCCX_BK_UD5B347F_00_uccx-solution-reference-network-design/UCCX_BK_UD5B347F_00_uccx-solution-reference-network-design_chapter_011.html#UCCX_RF_S1359...>

• Also The Guide says
  • Deployment Considerations
    Consider the following when deploying High Availability over WAN with Unified CCX:

> Set up Unified CCX to use the local Unified CM servers for both primary and secondary in the following configurations. If this is not possible, at least the primary Unified CM server should be local.
            AXL Service Provider
            JTAPI Provider for Unified CM Telephony Subsystem
            JTAPI Provider for Resource Manager/Contact Manager Subsystem

> Assign the two sets of CTI Port (one for the master and other for the standby engine) to different device pools, regions and locations, etc., in the CTI Port Group
       > Data in Agent Datastore, Historical Datastore and Repository Datastore of Informix IDS database start merging after the network partition is restored and this could potentially generate heavy data traffic over the WAN. Cisco recommends restoring the WAN link during after hours to minimize the performance impact.
       > Do not support VPN tunneling across the WAN.

Can any One Explain How exactly to set the Redundancy for CTI Ports !!!

I cannot understand  how to set CTI Ports in different Device Pool Regions in CTI Port Group.

How does the CM Group Configuration Impact the CTI port registeration

And How does The CM Telephony Subsystem/RM CM Subsystem will affect order of Registration.

Thanks in Advance

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to configure this in several places:

UCCX Connection to CTI Manager - In the UCCX AppAdmin interface, System/Unified CM Configuration - assign the local servers to each server in the UCCX cluster for AXL/RM/JT services.

Device Pools - when adding the CAll Control Groups, assign a device pool that has a callmanager group linked to it that matches the servers you have assigned in the Unified CM Configuration page.

If you have built the UCCX cluster as a 'WAN' cluster you will be able to select the UCCX server and assign the settings seperately for each server. If you don't see that option you may have deployed the cluster as a LAN cluster which doesn't have the option to split.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

I am sorry for hijacking this email thread, but I am a bit confused as well. Does the SRND guy refer to creating 2 diffrenent Call Control Groups with their own "Group ID". One group is for the Master and the other Standby Agent?

Thank you,

Gerson

I don't know.. does it? If it does, it's probably wrong. It's for people that design, not implement ;-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Would you just build one single Call Control Group and assign a different Starting Directory Number, device pool to the second Node in HA over WAN?

Thanks,

Gerson

Gerson,

No matter, if it is a HA deployment over LAN or WAN you always create just one Call Control Group from an Admin perspective. The only difference is below:

1) In HA over LAN, system will create the ports for Standy UCCX server automatically in one go. E.g. if you choose to create 10 ports and the starting Directly Number is 1000 then it will first create ports 1000 - 1009 for primary UCCX and 1010 - 1019 for Standy server

2) In HA over WAN, system will do the ports creation in 2 step process. First it will create ports for the primary UCCX using the DN range and Device Pool that your provide. Then after creating the ports for primary UCCX, it will stop and gives you the option of changing the DP and DN range accordingly within the same Call Control Group and completes the ports creation for secondary UCCX as well.

In both these cases, you will have only one Call Control Group It is just the way how UCCX handles both the deployment models to support what it states in SRND for HA over WAN deployment:

Set up Unified CCX to use the local Unified CM servers for both primary and secondary in the following configurations. If this is not possible, at least the primary Unified CM server should be local.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

There you go, couldn't have said it clearer than Deepak myself (+5)...

Thanks Deepak for your explanation. I appreciate your clarification. Thanks Aaron for contributing to this forum.

Gerson,

Glad that your doubts are clear now. Remember to rate helpful posts and mark as "Answered" where applicable.

Regards

Deepak

I don't know how old this reply is but it is the best one explaining UCCX port groups in lan and wan design

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: