Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Helpdesk redirect, personal voicemail

Chad Atchison
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. At work I'm building out a helpdesk script that we have running through our Contact Center Express box so we can track metrix and do routing that isn't possible w/ CCM.

When on-call hours are active, the UCCX script uses the "redirect" step to send callers to the helpdesk technician who is on-call. That part works perfectly. What I'm running into trouble with is if the technician that's on call has their phone turned off, or if they don't answer -- the call goes to that user's personal voicemail - not something we want.

I know in the CCM box we can use Remote Destinations, and the box knows when it's hit a personal voicemail, and redirects the call to the work voicemail. Is there any such functionality built into UCCX that would allow me to redirect to another user, or to a voicemail if the user who's on-call doesn't pick up?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could setup a Single Number Reach DN in CUCM that is dedicated to each person's cell phone.  When that DN is called, it'll ring the Remote Destination as well (cell phone).  The Remote Destination "Answer Too Soon" timer ensures that if the call is answered too quickly on the cell phone (by going straight to voicemail) CUCM will pull the call back into the system and instead send the call to Unity Connection.  Setup that DN on Unity Connection to foward back to an escalation application on UCCX.  The escalation application could be a call redirect to the manager's cell phone, for example.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

rajajosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chad,

You can try the one of these,

1) Make the helpdesk person also agents.  What you can do is brfore redirecting the calls to the helpdesk agents regular phone line which has voicemail, create another number which does not contain voicemail and make a CSQ out of the helpdesk agents. First send the call to the helpdesk agents CSQ and if the call rings all the helpdesk agents phone then only transfer to the voice mail, basically have the second seletc resource in the place of current redirect step and in the queue branch, have transfer to voice mail.

2) or you can create a hunt pilot group withe the helpdesk agents phones via call manager and redirect to that number, butt keep in mind that uccx call redirect directly to hunt piolt group is not supported so we may need to transfer the call twice once to a number which does not have a hunt group and that number to the hunt pilot group. The better option is number 1 as this may cause some issues.

Thank you

Rajani Joshi

Rajani,

(I work w/ Chad) That sonds great except we're transferring to the personal cell phones of our on-call technicians.Is there a way for the UCCX server to recognize that it is speaking to voicemail in the same way that Remote Destinations on our call manager does and transfer the call to another step?

You could setup a Single Number Reach DN in CUCM that is dedicated to each person's cell phone.  When that DN is called, it'll ring the Remote Destination as well (cell phone).  The Remote Destination "Answer Too Soon" timer ensures that if the call is answered too quickly on the cell phone (by going straight to voicemail) CUCM will pull the call back into the system and instead send the call to Unity Connection.  Setup that DN on Unity Connection to foward back to an escalation application on UCCX.  The escalation application could be a call redirect to the manager's cell phone, for example.

JMunoz,

That sounds like it would work, but it sounds complicated to maintain. Is there any other way for UCCX to notice it's in voicemail and call flow to react? For now, I'll look into that!

jmunoz19,

After setting that up, it doesn't seem complicated at all! Thank you very much for the suggestion. Here is my setup, to help others:

1. The UCCX script does a call consult to a Single Number Reach (Remote Destination) number. It's necessary to set up a new number because of forwarding to Unity.

a) If the person's phone is off or out of service, it forwards to unity. Play with the answer-too-soon timer in the Remote Destination settings to fine-tune this. I'll cover that in a second.

b) If the person does not answer, the UCCX script takes back the calls. To ensure this, make the answer too late timer longer than the call consult step. If the answer-too-late timer is shorter than the call consult timer, the call will be transferred to unity.

2. Create a System Call Handler in Unity for these numbers. Send them back to your UCCX script to continue. I'm using different application triggers so my script can see how many times it has gone through (requested by the Helpdesk Lead).

I've run into two issues:

1. We've already deployed SNR for our helpdesk users. CCM only allows one SNR for any single remote number. e.g. - I'm unable to set up a second number that forwards to my cell phone #.

2. Because we also run a customer support application on our UCCX box, we set a system-wide external phone number mask. Because the call is spawned from the Call Consult step on the UCCX server, all calls come through with the same phone number mask. How can I forward the phone number mask of the caller, so the helpdesk technician can see who called?

Thanks everyone!

Kyler

Problem 1 has been overcome -- Pointed the secondary remote destination profile to an imaginary number, and use a translation pattern so number called is translated before it goes out.

Problem 2 still stands -- if anyone has an idea please let me know.

Kyler

alxzzzzed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chad,

1. Create another IVR script with a simple rule: if the call doesn't come from your first script's extension, transfer it to VoiceMail extension. Otherwise drop it/transfer back to your original IVR script/whatever.
  2. Do not transfer unanswered calls on phones to VoiceMail extension directly. Instead transfer them to your new IVR script's extension.

There might be variations of this solution, but I hope you've got the idea.

Doesn't look prety, but no other visible solutions for a while.

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: