Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Helpdesk redirect, personal voicemail

Kyler Middleton
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Long  time reader, first time poster. At work I'm building out a helpdesk  script that we have running through our Contact Center Express box so we  can track metrix and do routing that isn't possible w/ CCM.

When  on-call hours are active, the UCCX script uses the "redirect" step to  send callers to the helpdesk technician who is on-call. That part works  perfectly. What I'm running into trouble with is if the technician  that's on call has their phone turned off, or if they don't answer --  the call goes to that user's personal voicemail - not something we want.

I  know in the CCM box we can use Remote Destinations, and the box knows  when it's hit a personal voicemail, and redirects the call to the work  voicemail. Is there any such functionality built into UCCX that would  allow me to redirect to another user, or to a voicemail if the user  who's on-call doesn't pick up?

Thanks!

Kyler

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Kyler,

I don't think UCCX can recognize it's talking to VM. What you can do is play with the timeout on the CFNA and the timeout of the Call Consult Transfer. If Consult transfer times out before the RNA, then you can control where to send the call.

Pablo

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kyler,

In this case, as you are using a Call Redirect step (blind transfer) UCCX release the control of the call. There's no way for UCCX to decide what to do after the transfer. What you can use is a Call Consult Transfer step. You'll see that this Call Consult Transfer step has different options to handle the call depending on the results of the transfer: Successful, Busy, Invalid, Timeout & Unsuccessful. In that way you can do what you want with that call, if the transfer fails.

HTH

Pablo

Pablo,

Unfortunately, it seems the call always succeeds. Since we're transferring to the personal cell phones of our on-call technicians, if their phone is off or if they're unavailable, their personal voicemail picks up.

I'd like the UCCX box to recognize that it's speaking to voicemail and redirect calls to our shared helpdesk voicemail if the technician's phone is off or if they do not answer. Is that possible?

Thanks for the help so far!

Hello Kyler,

I don't think UCCX can recognize it's talking to VM. What you can do is play with the timeout on the CFNA and the timeout of the Call Consult Transfer. If Consult transfer times out before the RNA, then you can control where to send the call.

Pablo

Pablo,

The call immediately succeeds because the user's voicemail picks up and the transfer is complete. Pablo, please join me here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2085496