cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Hot Desking (Finesse)

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

I have a customer on UCCX 11.0 currently and am looking at deploying a Hot Desking solution for one of their departments. Question I have is if there is an actual limit to the number of users I can configure for the same device/extension. Basically, they have about 20 potential users taking 1-hour shifts on handling calls on the front desk phone. Don't want to utilize EM as well for this. TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge there is no limitation that would cap that. The only limitation is that only one agent can login at a time. I don’t see a problem with that approach if they’re using the same workstation and phone since the first person would log out before letting the next person log into the computer.

FWIW- There are some 3rd-party utilities - Google it, I’ll refrain from a recommendation - that trigger an EM login/logout automatically when the computer is connected through the PC Port of a phone. They run at login/startup in the system tray, notice the phone through CDP, and then issue an EM API call for whichever user is actively logged in to windows. That would have the advantage of allowing the user to take calls somewhere other than the front desk if they ever need to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge there is no limitation that would cap that. The only limitation is that only one agent can login at a time. I don’t see a problem with that approach if they’re using the same workstation and phone since the first person would log out before letting the next person log into the computer.

FWIW- There are some 3rd-party utilities - Google it, I’ll refrain from a recommendation - that trigger an EM login/logout automatically when the computer is connected through the PC Port of a phone. They run at login/startup in the system tray, notice the phone through CDP, and then issue an EM API call for whichever user is actively logged in to windows. That would have the advantage of allowing the user to take calls somewhere other than the front desk if they ever need to.

Jonathan,

That's what I assumed but wanted to verify. Many thanks!

Also, I wasn't aware of the EM API so thanks for that as well. Will definitely look into it. Much appreciated!!!