Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Hotline configuration error

Hello IT-Experts,

I need your help configure a hotline at a UCCX-System. The System has the Softwarerelease 8.5 (CUCM and UCCX) and I need to configure a "brand new" Hotline for a department.

Now I configured the Application, the Script, and so on. But when I configure the Call Control Group the system tells me he got a "error at the configuration of the CTI Ports and Lines".

The question I have is, can andybody give me a Step-by-Step manual, which shows me what I have to do at the CUCM and UCCX to get the Hotline working? Some manual like Step one configure an application user for the connection between CUCM and UCCX, Step two configure .... and so on.

Many thanks for your Help!!

Regards,

DrMxxxxx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like its failing to create the CTI port and lines on CM because they are already created. You don't have to manually create the CIT ports or the Lines with DNs that will be used for triggers. Both of these will be created automatically by UCCX.

The only configuration that needs to be done for a basic UCCX setup on CM is as follows:

Phones (Devices) registered and setup with lines.

Under the Directory # config Have the "Allow Control of Device from CTI" check and have the appropriate assocated devices

Have the users setup and assocated with a control device

again have "Allow Control of Device from CTI" check

In the Directory Number Associations section have the IPCC extension and primary extension set.

Appropriate permissions for the users.

Groups needs:

Standard CTI Enabled

Standard CCM End Users

Roles needs:

Standard CCM End Users

Standard CTI Enabled

~Ben

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Benjamin Wollak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How exactly are you going about configuring the system? From error you mentioned it sounds like the problem is with Call Control Group configuration, which creates CTI ports on CUCM. What exactly are you doing when you get the error message and what is the exact error message?

While there isn't a quick step by step guide for the creation of a "Hotline" there is a lot of documentation about the installation and configuration of UCCX, it can all be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

The one that would be the most helpful for the basic setup you are trying to do would be the Administration Guide. The 8.5 Admin Guide can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851ag.pdf

Hope this helps,

Ben

Hello Benjamin,

I configured this on the CUCM:

+ CTI-Routepoint as a Device

+ As much Waiting Indicators as CTI-Ports I want to use on the UCCX

+ Line with a DN which I will use as a Trigger on the UCCX

On the UCCX:

+ Trigger

+ Resource Group and Resources

+ Application with Script

But when I want to create a Call Control Group the Error “Failed to create CTI Port and Lines on Cisco Unified CM.” occurs.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Matthias

It looks like its failing to create the CTI port and lines on CM because they are already created. You don't have to manually create the CIT ports or the Lines with DNs that will be used for triggers. Both of these will be created automatically by UCCX.

The only configuration that needs to be done for a basic UCCX setup on CM is as follows:

Phones (Devices) registered and setup with lines.

Under the Directory # config Have the "Allow Control of Device from CTI" check and have the appropriate assocated devices

Have the users setup and assocated with a control device

again have "Allow Control of Device from CTI" check

In the Directory Number Associations section have the IPCC extension and primary extension set.

Appropriate permissions for the users.

Groups needs:

Standard CTI Enabled

Standard CCM End Users

Roles needs:

Standard CCM End Users

Standard CTI Enabled

~Ben

Hello,

sorry for the late answer.

I found the mistake I made. The Application User from the UCCX, which is responsible for the configuration of the CUCM, needs administration rights. And the user didn't have the rights. When I gave it to him, it worked.

Regards and Thanks for your Help!!

Matthias

Hello Matthias,

I am facing with the same issue, could please advise me how you manage it?

You include Application User from the UCCX into admin rights on UCCX or on CUCM?

Could you please provide  me set-by-step instruction?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: