Helpful
Replies

UCCX How to open one application during public holiday

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

UCCX 10.6

We have one call centre out of the many that will be open during public holiday. All application does a holiday check lookup using the same aef via call subflow and XML file listing the holiday dates.

I would like to know is there an easier way of preparing the scripts to simple open the call centre during public holidays?

The call centre will open business hours from 0830 to 1700.

Thanks

Peter

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking to use different holiday list for different call flows or do statically define holidays in your script rather than then XML file?

The easiest thing I can think of is that you pass an additional piece of data back to the scripts. Maybe like the script name or DNIS and when that data is present and it matches a particular script then that script overwrites the holiday schedule. You will still have to touch every script to make this work for everyone.

david

Thanks Chris/David.

I was thinking of using the parameters to switch on and off the holiday during a holiday via UCCX Administrator, application page.

Also specify the time opening and closing via parameter. At the moment, the attached screenshot is what I have but its only Hours of Day. I need to have the option of both hours and mins. For example: opening at 8:30AM and closing 4:30PM.

Current setup, trigger --> script does a holiday check using another script then XML will list the mm/dd/yyyy.

Cheers

Peter

That's actually a great idea, here's what I would do using parameters. Set 3 parameters, date, opentime, and closetime. That way you can set the date ahead of time and you don't have to touch the script only when you want to overwrite the XML schedule.

david

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Peter, 

Could you post an image of the holiday check part of the script?

If it's just a one time thing, I would make an edit to disable to holiday check and use that script temporarily. 

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. The holiday check subflow script is used by multiple applications. Say 10 application and out of the 10, one application wants to open during a holiday while the other 9 is closed.

Peter

So can't you just edit the script for the day and change it to not go to holiday step?

Otherwise, if it could potentially happen more often, you could have a separate xml holiday check file and edit that accordingly.