the answer is: you can integrate UCCX with everything as long as everything
[the easy ones]:
- can act as a HTTP server serving XML data, or
- can act as a HTTP client expecting HTML or XML data, or
- exposes an SQL table for read/write.
[the challenging ones]:
- has got a web services (for instance, SOAP interface),
- has got any standard API (Java is perfect, other ones may be tricky).
well, it's not about documents, it's about understanding UCCX.
There are some VoD sessions on the Cisco learning site.
And in the meantime you can read Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide.
Is Remedy ITSM-7 the same as BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.1?
What kind of integration you're looking for? If it's just HTTP get/post then it can be done directly through the Desktop Admin Workflow. Otherwise, a tighter integration is required.
Consilium UniAgent™ is a CRM connector for integration between the Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) application & BMC Remedy.
It is a certified Cisco Compatible product under the Cisco Developer Network (CDN.)
Please visit the Consilium page at the Cisco CDN portal for more info: