Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX integration with SMS Gateway

Jareeshali K C
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Customer has a requirement to send SMS to the caller mobile while press an option in IVR.

The customer already have SMS Gateway. The call flow will be as follows:

Caller dials Main Line number <9200XXXX> --> UCCX --> Welcome Message with multiple option and when the caller press an option , for example "press 8 for our office address", and a predefined SMS should be send to the caller mobile number with office address.

I would appreciate if someone help me to achieve this.

Thanks,

Jareesh Ali

5 Replies 5

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Looks like it can be easily done using HTTP GET as mentioned below:

http://www.jawalbsms.ws/jawalbsms-ws-API.pdf

In uccx you can use Rest Call Step to format above GET.

Dear Chintan,

Thank you for your response.

Can you help me with sample script.

Regards,

Jareesh Ali

Dears,

I need your assistance here .

I have configured the script and in the Make REST Call step, in my case what will be the content type?

I have attached the screenshot of the Make REST Call step.

Can someone help me with this.

Thanks,

Hi,

Before trying with UCCX, first try the REST API provided by SMS gateway provider with REST tools available like POSTMAN or POSTER etc.

There it will give you and idea on first how to formulate the HTTP request with lot of trial and error methods.

for the content type i am not sure what will go there, generally for REST kind of service its "application/json" or "application/XML" but in your case i am not sure. so please reach out to your SMS gatewway service provider and get the sample REQUEST/RESPONSE structure from them.

Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

Jareesh, we provide a chat solution that allows you to send SMS or any chat message (Whatsapp, Viber,...) from either the IVR or an agent interaction. All pre-integrated to Cisco CCX or CCE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: