Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Issue when doing VMWare Snapshots

Davin Dameron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've been using UCCX 8.5 on VMWare with local storage for about a year.  I use VEEAM Backup to make backups of all my virtual servers.  One issue I've run accross is that when VEEAM takes a snapshot of the UCCX server, the agents are logged out of Cisco Agent Desktop and get an error.  I've managed to work around this by making backups run after our call center is closed (Today, however, I accidentally ran a backup and irritated the call center managers when all their users got logged out).

I've surmised from the various documents I've read that snapshots are not supported.  I'm wondering how others using CCX on VMWare do their backups and if there are any clever work-arounds to this issue.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use DRS for application backups. That is the supported way for time being.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the reply Chris.  I failed to mention that I am doing the DRS backups as well.

However, restoring the entire VM in the event of hardware failure is by far the simplest method of quick recovery.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure it is, but if it is causing issues and is not supported what are you gonna do

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: