Replies

uccx IVR

chawkideeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Hope my e-mail finds you well keeping.

I have a cucm 11.5 and uccx 11.5.

I did many incoming script for Arabic and English for currency,date,time,etc...

When using the function “ created generated prompt number” and change the gender option to 2 to change the language pronouncing from male to female, it’s not working.

Please see the Prompt Step Descriptions Document Table 9-5 "Voice Gender"

Link to Doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00800e4793.html

any idea on how can I change the voice from male to female?

it is urgent for me since we are in project phase implementation.

thank you.

best regards,

chawki dib 

9 Replies 9

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

You can see the list of system prompts used by the generate prompt step using the cli command below:

file uccx list prompt_file system/G711_ULAW/en_US/gen/*

This shows the US prompts - you can dig further into the directories from here

For Arabic (SA) the command would be:

file uccx list prompt_file system/G711_ULAW/ar_SA/gen/number/*

Unfortunately I do not believe that any language has both male and female prompts. The US English prompts seem to be female and those for Arabic are male.

I might be wrong about this but cannot work out where the alternate gender prompts would be stored.

Regards

James

Hi James,

Thank you for your quick feedback.

But through the command that you gave it to me we can see what is available as (Arabic prompts ,like choose a language,etc...)

my concern is how to know for Arabic prompts if there is female gender that I can choose in my IVR, and how can I change it from male to female.

Thank you.

best regards,

chawki dib

Hi James again,

another question,

if we can not change the Arabic gender from male to female,

and if I have all the prompts already recorded with female voice,

Can we upload our new female prompts and overwrite the existing Arabic system male prompts?

thank you

best regards,

chawki dib

Chawki, please note that there is no male to female conversion option for system prompts. They are available to use As-Is, if this does not meet your requirement then you will need to record your own prompts in female voice to start with and then follow the below thread that talks in detail about how to implement this further

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13030251/uccx-can-we-change-uccx-system-default-promplts

Regards

Deepak

Hi deepack,

thank you for your msg.

well understand.

but is there any method or procedure on how to download the Arabic system defaults prompts from uccx , so I can hear it one by one and upload mine like the system default?

best regards,

chawki dib

Hi chawki dib,

You cannot download system prompts (rather than user prompts) from a Linux appliance based UCCX system without getting special access from Cisco TAC.

In the old days when UCCX ran on Windows this was easy to do.

I have a backup of some files from a Windows based UCCX system and have attached the ar_SA system files in a zip file to this message. The files might have changed a bit between versions but this should give you a start.

Please rate helpful content.

Regards

James

Dear James,

Thank you very much.

I download what you shared and try it.

And it is working fine.

So what I will do:

I will record the same prompts with same name but with female voice and overwrite it.

thank you again (james and Depaack)

best Regards,

chawki dib

Chawki,

I am glad you found the files useful. Please be aware though that you cannot upload System prompt files (they are different from user prompt files) with getting root access to the system. This is normally facilitated by Cisco TAC

Regards

James

Hi James,

what I did,i override it and it is working now.

thank you.

I have another question regarding the outbound campaign.

we bought 10 outbound premium license for our outboung campaign (we need that our uccx system will call our subscribers on their mobile,and once answered a promotional prompts will play)

I did all the necessary steps (sip getway, dial peers on VG, configure outbound campaign,test the number,etc...) for the outbound but still doesn't work (the uccx is not calling as outgoing calls).

any idea? any hint?

thank you.

best regards,

chawki dib