Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx lan/wan deployment requirement

somjade.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a ccx case opened with Cisco Tac.

The issue is that I have a CCX HA and my client needs to reinstall the ccx subscriber with the new IP address scheme.

After the reinstllation, I need to logon to the ccx subsricber for initial the ccx database replicatoin.

Unfortunately, I've got the error something saying that I've already had the second node on the HA cluster which I already deleted the node out from the uccx publisher administrator webapage.

The Cisco TAC engineer said that it's because the deployment type and the subnet scheme does not meet the requirements.

If the uccx publisher and the subscriber are in the DIFFERENT subnet, the deployment must be "WAN". But mine is "LAN".

I'm trying to find the deployment documents that mention this requirement but I can't find it. So curious, since the first Tac didn't put this in to concerns.

Does anyone know if this is really matter to the database replicatoin?

Thanks in advance,

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I've certainly seen installations set up as LAN, where the nodes were on seperate sites/subnets.

Can you describe in detail the error you see and what actions you are attempting?

At any rate, the subscriber is just a replicated copy so there is no harm in deleting the second node, and rebuilding it as a WAN HA one.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I strongly agree with you that the WAN deployment has nothing to do with the subnet stuff but only the connectivtiy keepalive and etc. Anyway, that was one of the cisco TAC engineer told me. That's bad. Confusing me.

I believe there's mess in the publisher server at the first place. The first TAC engineer already fixed it for me by using root account and cet tools. Just now, I deleted the node out from the publisher webpage once again and re-install the uccx subscriber from the beginning again and this time the replciation seems to be okay. All services can be activated by using the initial setup on the subscriber server admin page.

Now, I'm monitoring the historical database replication. It's very big. 10GB size.

I'll keep it posted.

Thanks,

Hi All,

The replciation is sucess. thanks god.

Anyway, there are 2 major problems created.

1.) CTI ports of the existing call control group.

Since it's a HA. Call Control Group must have 2 set of cti ports. one for each node.

The cti ports for the publisher can register with the ucm but cti ports for the subscriber cannot.

This happened after the reinstallation of the uccx subscriber. Previously, it was okay.

Also, creating a new Call Conctrol Group works perfectly. It can register to both pub and sub.

Just wondering why the existing call control group doesn't work.

2.) Connection to Historical Report.

This is the error "Unable to establish connection to database. Check the log file for error 5051".

Most of the workarounds say that "odbc of the client pc need be checked". I don't think so since there's no change to the client's PC and this problem is happening on every pc that has the historical database client installed.

Does it have any commands to check whether the database is okay?

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Hi Somjade,

Please check the below command,

show uccx dbreplication servers

This command is only available in the High Availability deployment of Unified CCX. This commands list all the database servers which are involved in replication in the high availability deployment and whether replication is still connected or if replication is broken.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful [posts !!

Hi,

The output of the cli:

admin:show uccx dbreplication servers

This operation may take a few minutes to complete. Please wait...

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

g_hecnr_sl_uccx01_uccx    1 Active   Local           0

g_hecnr_sl_uccx02_uccx    2 Active   Connected    1977 Jan  7 02:09:26

it looks great.

Here is the error from the log file:

7: 1/7/2013 12:01:21 PM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Database Connection Error | Unable to establish connection to database.  Check the log file for error 5051.

8: 1/7/2013 12:01:32 PM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:CRA_DATABASE Connection String: Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;Password=*****;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=*****;Data Source=db_cra@hecnr_sl_uccx02_uccx;Extended Properties="CLIENT_LOCALE=en_US.utf8;DB_LOCALE=en_US.utf8;UNICODE=TRUE;RSASWS=TRUE"

9: 1/7/2013 12:01:32 PM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Failed to login user to the apps server since we failed to initialize database connections

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Hi

Do you have DNS properly configured? Do both the nodes FQDNs resolve forwards and backwards?

I've seen issues with UCCX when just the reverse lookup didn't match the forward lookup recently.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I don't use the dns for the uccx deployment.

Still can not find the workaround. Think will call cisco TAC tonight. Oh my gosh!!!!

Thanks

How do your servers appear under system/servers? hostname or IP?

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: