Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX-Max JTAPI triggers that can be associated with a single script

dmurthy74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are on UCCX 7.0(1)SR5 cluster. I would like to know if there is any maximum limit on the number of JTAPI triggers that can be associated with a single UCCX application/script. I have this requirement where in I will have to create 80+ JTAPI triggers and associate all of them to a single UCCX script. Will there be any impact on the performance with this approach?

My second question is- is there a limit on the number of sessions that can be associated with a single UCCX application?

Thanks,

DM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First off, I don't know the exact answer to your question.  I have never come accross it documentation, and have never had a reason to look it up.

I don't know what your application is, but I cannot believe that you really need to create 80 different triggers on your app.

What I will share with you though, and this may save you a few hundred mouse clicks, you can create wild card RP DN's.

So instead of building 80 separate RP's, build 1, with a DN like this: 21XX, and that will give you 100 DNs on your app.

Just be sure to use the dialed number, and not the called number field.  =)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First off, I don't know the exact answer to your question.  I have never come accross it documentation, and have never had a reason to look it up.

I don't know what your application is, but I cannot believe that you really need to create 80 different triggers on your app.

What I will share with you though, and this may save you a few hundred mouse clicks, you can create wild card RP DN's.

So instead of building 80 separate RP's, build 1, with a DN like this: 21XX, and that will give you 100 DNs on your app.

Just be sure to use the dialed number, and not the called number field.  =)

Hi Anthony,

Thanks much for your response. you got the message right:) But here's my follow-up question- This current requirement that I am working on needs 80+ toll free numbers to be set up in Call Manager. So, my understanding is each of these TFN's will be mapped to its own CTI route point but all of these CTI Route points that gets created in the CM can be mapped to a single wild card RP like 885xxx in the UCCX, am I right here? WOuld you be able to explain this to me? I would like to understand this configuration a bit more. If you think there is some documentation that could help me understand this, would you be able to share this?

Further, do you know of any sample script that might help me with this scripting?

Thanks Much,

DM

There is no need to have multiple chained CTI Route Points. The call should flow through UCM as follows:

1. Arrives from a PSTN gateway with a specific DNIS value per number. In most cases carriers will not give you the real toll-free number that was called but either another DNIS value representing each toll-free number; or, a portion of it such as the last four digits.
  2. In many cases - but not necessarily required - customers then use translation patterns to change the provided value into a value that the CCX CTI Route Points are configured in. For example, if the provider is sending you a DNIS of 84XX of the toll-free calls and you want the CTI RPs to be 71XX, you can create a translation pattern that does exactly that.
  3. You create a single trigger (assuming all the toll-free numbers go to the same script/application) and use a wildcard pattern of 71XX when creating it.
  4. (More Optional) If the script needs to know the exact toll-free number that was dialed, you can use the Get Call Contact Info step to get the called number.

Otherwise the script wouldn't be aware that you've used wildcards in the route point.

Hey, 9 years after your post I found this quite useful thank you!

Gotta give a shout out to the team behind the scenes, who have migrated the data between multiple different platforms in that time frame.

Kleid Gjataj
Level 1
Level 1

How do you work around for reporting? In 8.5 the Called Number Summary Activity Report shows the range in the report. It doesn't break down the numbers individually. I am seeing a report for "Dialed Number"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: