Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Nuance alphanumeric

Vinod Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Anyone knows the UCCX script logic or any node used to collect the alphanumeric ? I know how to collect the digits but stuck in how to collect the alphabets.

Best regards,

Vinod 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gotcha. What does your script(s) look like? Can you post them or provide screenshots? Have you uploaded any files to UCCX Admin > Applications > Grammar Management yet? Right now, does your script recognizes the spoken authorization code? Launch the CCX Editor. Under the [Debug] tab, run the Reactive Script. Walk through the script, step-by-step and see what happens after the caller speaks the authorization code.

EDIT: Just to clarify... If UCCX and Nuance is configured properly; meaning, after you configure the ASR/TTS settings, start the ASR/TTS services, upload the Grammars, add the Simple Recognition step into your script and then, use this step to "tag" the key words/letters/numbers from the list of available Grammar(s). The other option is... using the Generic Recognition step, along with the Get Recognition Result Info and Get Recognition Interpretation steps to create a complex speech dialog.

If you want to play the authorization code back to the caller, then simply use the Prompt step. If you're licensed for TTS, you can change the prompt value from P[ ] to TTS[ ] and then, you can reference the authorization code inside the TTS[ ] prompt. For example; TTS[ grammarSpokenAuthCode ]

Another option is changing the prompt value from P[ ] to S[ ] which stands for spelling. In this case, the system will breakdown the string of characters and read back each character, one-by-one.

Honestly, it sounds like you're missing Grammars and/or "tags" from your Simple Recognition step or you should review the Generic Recognition step.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Hold on. Just to clarify, are you trying to collect letters and numbers (i.e. strings and integers) values input by the callers OR are you trying to collect these values via Nuance (i.e. grammars)?

Hi Mark,

I am try to collect the authorization code which is combination of letters and numbers spoken by caller, for example "45adhf" any idea how this can achieved in UCCX script ? I do not find the specific node but looking logic to implement this.

Best regards,

Vinod

Gotcha. What does your script(s) look like? Can you post them or provide screenshots? Have you uploaded any files to UCCX Admin > Applications > Grammar Management yet? Right now, does your script recognizes the spoken authorization code? Launch the CCX Editor. Under the [Debug] tab, run the Reactive Script. Walk through the script, step-by-step and see what happens after the caller speaks the authorization code.

EDIT: Just to clarify... If UCCX and Nuance is configured properly; meaning, after you configure the ASR/TTS settings, start the ASR/TTS services, upload the Grammars, add the Simple Recognition step into your script and then, use this step to "tag" the key words/letters/numbers from the list of available Grammar(s). The other option is... using the Generic Recognition step, along with the Get Recognition Result Info and Get Recognition Interpretation steps to create a complex speech dialog.

If you want to play the authorization code back to the caller, then simply use the Prompt step. If you're licensed for TTS, you can change the prompt value from P[ ] to TTS[ ] and then, you can reference the authorization code inside the TTS[ ] prompt. For example; TTS[ grammarSpokenAuthCode ]

Another option is changing the prompt value from P[ ] to S[ ] which stands for spelling. In this case, the system will breakdown the string of characters and read back each character, one-by-one.

Honestly, it sounds like you're missing Grammars and/or "tags" from your Simple Recognition step or you should review the Generic Recognition step.

Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot your time !!

Nuance integration and grammar were working perfect but was stuck in finding the UCCX script node to collect alphanumeric code, after so many trial and error was able make it working by using Recognition nodes.

script.PNG

Best regards,

Vinod

Hi Vinod

I am also facing the same issue and thankful to you that you share your code. but i want to know how to create speech grammar and all the variables, you used in script. Can you please give me some idea about it. Reply would be apreciated

Thank you 

Pranali

pra

Could you please share the the details ? sansar.danish@gmail.com

Hey even i am stuck with the same thing, can you please share the grammar and related variables created

Thanks in advance

Hi Vinod,

can you please share the grammar file, as it is usually the key problem when designing the TTS/ASR features for with CCX/Nuance.

Regarding the script posted, that is correct - one suggestion is to disable the barge-in on the Nuance side, if you do not want the prompts to be interrupted in a noisy environment, before the caller receives complete information.

Hi,

Could you please share the Grammer file with me? btajkarimi@arctossystems.com

Thanks,

MK

Could you please share the grammar file - mliew@eplus.com

Thank you

i want to know how to create speech grammar and all the variables, you used in script. Can you please give me some idea about it. Also if possible can you please share any test script and Grammar file.my email id is: dharmvir.singh@consiliuminc.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: