Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Obtaining Prompt Path From XML Document

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

All, 

I am writing a script that allows Call Center Supervisors to override their call center routing or to close the practice(route to a closed greeting). Since many supervisors will use this script, I need to authenticate the supervisors and play the correct greeting and current status. Where I need help is:

I collect the users PIN with a collect digit step. This Pin is checked against an XML Document. I am having trouble creating a tag with the path of the practice(department) prompt. For example, when I try to debug my script locally with the document hard coded into a variable, I get an error on the following line <PracticeAnnouncement>P[Communication Disorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav]</PracticeAnnouncement>.

I Suspect that this is due to the fact that I am using special characters to specify the path to the prompt? Can you please tell me how I can specify a path to a prompt in an XML Document and later retrieve it in a UCCX scrip? 

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Adan,

In the <PracticeAnnouncement> tag, I would remove the P[ and ] characters. Read CommunicationDisorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav from the XML file into a String variable (promptFileName). I have done this before and it works. However, since my prompts are in subdirectories, I have to make sure I specify the full directory path to the prompt. In the XML file, I don't enclose the string in quotes since I don't have spaces in my file names.

Example from my XML file: <FileName>QueuePrompts/All_Agents_Busy.wav</FileName>

I read the tag into a String variable (promptFileName) and prepend  promptFileName with another prompt in a Create Container Prompt step. I create a Prompt variable (systemPrompt) and store the concatenated prompt in systemPrompt. I use the systemPrompt variable in the Play Prompt step.

I hope this helps.

Bill

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Adan,

In the <PracticeAnnouncement> tag, I would remove the P[ and ] characters. Read CommunicationDisorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav from the XML file into a String variable (promptFileName). I have done this before and it works. However, since my prompts are in subdirectories, I have to make sure I specify the full directory path to the prompt. In the XML file, I don't enclose the string in quotes since I don't have spaces in my file names.

Example from my XML file: <FileName>QueuePrompts/All_Agents_Busy.wav</FileName>

I read the tag into a String variable (promptFileName) and prepend  promptFileName with another prompt in a Create Container Prompt step. I create a Prompt variable (systemPrompt) and store the concatenated prompt in systemPrompt. I use the systemPrompt variable in the Play Prompt step.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill, 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. This certainly helped! I do have another question if you do not mind.I am now trying to do the same thing but to read the path to a Document. I follow the same procedure up to reading the tag into a string variable docPracticeDocument. When I use a set step to set another variables value to the read value of docPracticeDocument, instead of getting something like DOC[/communicationDisorders_Status.xml] I get something like TEXT[/communicationDisorders_Status.xml]. The second is taking the value literally, when I need it to interpret it like a path to a Document. Do you know how I can achieve this? Thanks.