Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Obtaining Prompt Path From XML Document

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

All, 

I am writing a script that allows Call Center Supervisors to override their call center routing or to close the practice(route to a closed greeting). Since many supervisors will use this script, I need to authenticate the supervisors and play the correct greeting and current status. Where I need help is:

I collect the users PIN with a collect digit step. This Pin is checked against an XML Document. I am having trouble creating a tag with the path of the practice(department) prompt. For example, when I try to debug my script locally with the document hard coded into a variable, I get an error on the following line <PracticeAnnouncement>P[Communication Disorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav]</PracticeAnnouncement>.

I Suspect that this is due to the fact that I am using special characters to specify the path to the prompt? Can you please tell me how I can specify a path to a prompt in an XML Document and later retrieve it in a UCCX scrip? 

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Adan,

In the <PracticeAnnouncement> tag, I would remove the P[ and ] characters. Read CommunicationDisorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav from the XML file into a String variable (promptFileName). I have done this before and it works. However, since my prompts are in subdirectories, I have to make sure I specify the full directory path to the prompt. In the XML file, I don't enclose the string in quotes since I don't have spaces in my file names.

Example from my XML file: <FileName>QueuePrompts/All_Agents_Busy.wav</FileName>

I read the tag into a String variable (promptFileName) and prepend  promptFileName with another prompt in a Create Container Prompt step. I create a Prompt variable (systemPrompt) and store the concatenated prompt in systemPrompt. I use the systemPrompt variable in the Play Prompt step.

I hope this helps.

Bill

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Adan,

In the <PracticeAnnouncement> tag, I would remove the P[ and ] characters. Read CommunicationDisorders/pCommunicationDisorders.wav from the XML file into a String variable (promptFileName). I have done this before and it works. However, since my prompts are in subdirectories, I have to make sure I specify the full directory path to the prompt. In the XML file, I don't enclose the string in quotes since I don't have spaces in my file names.

Example from my XML file: <FileName>QueuePrompts/All_Agents_Busy.wav</FileName>

I read the tag into a String variable (promptFileName) and prepend  promptFileName with another prompt in a Create Container Prompt step. I create a Prompt variable (systemPrompt) and store the concatenated prompt in systemPrompt. I use the systemPrompt variable in the Play Prompt step.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill, 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. This certainly helped! I do have another question if you do not mind.I am now trying to do the same thing but to read the path to a Document. I follow the same procedure up to reading the tag into a string variable docPracticeDocument. When I use a set step to set another variables value to the read value of docPracticeDocument, instead of getting something like DOC[/communicationDisorders_Status.xml] I get something like TEXT[/communicationDisorders_Status.xml]. The second is taking the value literally, when I need it to interpret it like a path to a Document. Do you know how I can achieve this? Thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: