cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX ONCALL Service Desk

Larry Roberson
Level 1
Level 1

I am being tasked to create a solution where a group of oncall service desk staff would be called based on senority. They would have to be able to ACCEPT the CALL or REJECT the call. This action and informaiton would be captured and sent in an email to the supervisor. The process at a high level would go like this. 

Call flow

• Call out list based off of a Six person seniority list. P1 thru P6
  • A call out menu for Acceptance or Rejection of a call out is needed along with the ability to log and report.
  • Rotation would need to occur based off of an acceptance/rejection action.
    • If P1 accepts a call out, then P1 is removed from the call out rotations until P2-P6 has taken a call.
    • So if P1 takes a call then the next call gets presented to P2 thru P6
  • I know several variables would have to be created and set and then track perhaps in an XML table.
    • Alternatively, if P2 takes the first call then P2 is removed from the call out list until P1, P3, P4, P5, and P6 take a call.
    • Full rotation will not resume until all P’s have taken a call.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I agree with David here. UCCX is a great application with many strengths, but handling multiple contacts in the same script is not one of them. If only Cisco allowed us to connect two Active Contacts together. I.e., Connect the Triggering Contact with a Place Call step Contact.

View solution in original post

There are a few choke holds you'll find by trying to do this with CCX. The customer's call is the trigger then CCX passes on the information to some other system outside of CCX to do all the escalations. For example, if you used Jira you could create a workfllow where a ticket is created and if it's not assigned to anyone it starts to send emails or SMSes out until someone takes it over. This could track who all got an email and who all accepted the ticket and how long the whole process took. Most ticket management systems should have this kind of functionality.

david

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This is probably not what you want to hear, but creating this in CCX is going to be pretty tough maybe even impossible. You will spend half the time solving for this using a cloud telephony provider like Twilio. The biggest issue you have is how do you bridge the calls and how to handle when a resource doesn't accept the call.

david

I agree with David here. UCCX is a great application with many strengths, but handling multiple contacts in the same script is not one of them. If only Cisco allowed us to connect two Active Contacts together. I.e., Connect the Triggering Contact with a Place Call step Contact.

I am thinking it could involve Informacast or UCCX script to make the notification of a call and another ONCall Call in number that has access to the saved ONCAll event. Then the oncall agent could be prompted by the script to accept or reject. If accepted, get the recorded message then be asked to be connected to the caller who requested to be contacted. If rejected write the rejection to the other script table and .... well here is where that chokes, how would the other script know to dial the next oncall person ?    UHG !!!

There are a few choke holds you'll find by trying to do this with CCX. The customer's call is the trigger then CCX passes on the information to some other system outside of CCX to do all the escalations. For example, if you used Jira you could create a workfllow where a ticket is created and if it's not assigned to anyone it starts to send emails or SMSes out until someone takes it over. This could track who all got an email and who all accepted the ticket and how long the whole process took. Most ticket management systems should have this kind of functionality.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: