Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - one button login

jemima.spare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a HA cluster which I've just upgraded to 8.5 SU4, and we use one button login on the phones, and since there's the two servers there are two one button logins - one for the primary server and one for the secondary.

I had thought that in this version there need only be one button, which would work with whichever server was primary.  However, it doesn't seem to do that with the existing buttons.  Do I need to do something special to make it work?  Is it not available in this version?  Any idea when it will be?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not that I have ever heard.  You will need to keep the two services.

Here's the latest documentation pertaining to IPPA and HA:

If you have a high availability system, you should create two IP Phone services, one for each

Unified CCX server IP address.

NOTE: At any point, only one BIPPA service is active. If the primary service fails, you are automatically logged out and you must manually log in to the secondary service.

Source: Cisco CAD Installation Guide version 9.0, Page 127

You may be thinking of the HTTP Triggers.  If you have Premium and HA, then accessing the IP Address of either server will work, as the system redirects you to the master server.  Of course if your Slave server is offline it wont work, only if your cluster is healthy.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not that I have ever heard.  You will need to keep the two services.

Here's the latest documentation pertaining to IPPA and HA:

If you have a high availability system, you should create two IP Phone services, one for each

Unified CCX server IP address.

NOTE: At any point, only one BIPPA service is active. If the primary service fails, you are automatically logged out and you must manually log in to the secondary service.

Source: Cisco CAD Installation Guide version 9.0, Page 127

You may be thinking of the HTTP Triggers.  If you have Premium and HA, then accessing the IP Address of either server will work, as the system redirects you to the master server.  Of course if your Slave server is offline it wont work, only if your cluster is healthy.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.