Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Outbound IVR campaign with SIP GW

Hi Folks,

I have to implement the UCCX IVR based outbound campaign and as per the UCCX admin guide it says we need SIP Gateway to make it run. Customer does not have SIP trunk but E1 and FXO port. Therefore, the question is, is SIP GW configuration require only between UCCX and GW or we need SIP Trunk as well between Service Provider and voice GW.

And if we don't need SIP trunk between SP and GW then do i need some specifc config at voice GW for that or just simple outbound dial-peer for SP provider.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX Outbound Dialer makes a direct connection to your SIP gateway for progressive and predictive algoritym and call processing analysis (CPA) determining answer, no answer, busy, and answering machine. This is specific to the UCCX outbound subsystem (SS_OB) therefore the only way to use Call Manager as a intermediary is to use Outbound Preview Dialer.

To be specific regarding your question, UCCX only connects to your edge gateway via SIP therefore you can use whatever outbound dialing method you choose provided your gateway will accept a G.711 SIP connection from UCCX directly for call control. It would be up to your confiuration how your gateway handles the incoming SIP connections. One option is to connect to a SIP provider directly assuming they handle call control (most do) but by far is a requirement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX Outbound Dialer makes a direct connection to your SIP gateway for progressive and predictive algoritym and call processing analysis (CPA) determining answer, no answer, busy, and answering machine. This is specific to the UCCX outbound subsystem (SS_OB) therefore the only way to use Call Manager as a intermediary is to use Outbound Preview Dialer.

To be specific regarding your question, UCCX only connects to your edge gateway via SIP therefore you can use whatever outbound dialing method you choose provided your gateway will accept a G.711 SIP connection from UCCX directly for call control. It would be up to your confiuration how your gateway handles the incoming SIP connections. One option is to connect to a SIP provider directly assuming they handle call control (most do) but by far is a requirement.

Thanks for a prompt response. So what i understodd from your response there is no problem if i am using E1 fro outbound calls ony need to configure the SIP GW in uccx and confgirue the voice class or codec for G.711 codec for inbounda calls.

As long as your voice gateway is set to receive SIP invites and G.711 is configured as your voice class your gateway will transcode to E1, PRI, FXS, etc. for you. Pardon my mistake from my prior post, using an external SIP provider to a Cisco voice gateway is not supported.

Currently 28xx, 3845, AS5400-XM, and 29xx with 15.1T or greater is supported. At the moment, SIP to SIP for CPA is supported in 15.3T but at this time is not supported in UCCX nor UCCE.

Hi,

Do you know maybe would it be possible to make outbound IVR campaign without SIP gateway if I don't have any ISDN/FXO lines, but only SIP trunk to provider?

Thanks!

Dragan