cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Position in Queue issues after RNA

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, we have a script using postion in queue logic. I tested the script and everything looked well however, this past month we have had complaints that callers were moving positions. They would go from 5 to 15 to 6. This is random and does not always happen. We get a couple of complaints a day. I noticed this first hand when my co-worker called in. Call came into the trigger happend to go RNA on an agent phone...went back to the queue then was stuck in the queue for over an hour and half. I never saw the call in the supervisors software.

Contacted TAC and they say that its an issue with the logic in the script.

I've attached two images of the queue section of the script. We have it play a begining queue prompt (you are) then the position prompt (first) end queue promt (in line for your call to be answered.

Any suggestions we would be grateful...

UCCX

System version: 8.5.1.11003-32

Thanks....          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For starters, if the transfer into VM fails, the user will have been dequeued, you wouldn't see them in Supervisor Desktop, and they would continue to loop around and receive queue treatment.

I would always recommend scripting for these types of contingencies.  I.e., If VM is down or all ports are busy, don't dequeue the caller and keep them queued.

This is also achievable without losing the caller's PIQ because you do not need to dequeue manually, a sucessful Redirect will dequeue automatically.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For starters, if the transfer into VM fails, the user will have been dequeued, you wouldn't see them in Supervisor Desktop, and they would continue to loop around and receive queue treatment.

I would always recommend scripting for these types of contingencies.  I.e., If VM is down or all ports are busy, don't dequeue the caller and keep them queued.

This is also achievable without losing the caller's PIQ because you do not need to dequeue manually, a sucessful Redirect will dequeue automatically.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony, It looks like the problem was similar to what you mentioned on the transfer to VM. The Queue menu that you see below the "call unhold" even though is im my script I'm not using. I threw it in there for future use.

After I pulled this out and cleaned up my script with a few other spots that looked like this I have not heard of any other complaints.

Thanks,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: