cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Preconfiguration Tool

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1

I need to build the CAD and CSD MSIs for an upgrade to UCCX 10.6 before completing the upgrade. The desktop MSIs will be pushed to the agents and supervisors at the time of the upgrade. Security policy does not permit agents and supervisors to install the desktop apps themselves.

Does anyone know where I can find the Preconfiguration Tool and any associated MSIs? I have checked Cisco downloads.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The CAD configuration tool can be used to get the MSI installers for the products part of
the UCCX desktop suite (CAD, CSD and CDA) prior installing a Linux version of UCCX or
upgrading your current UCCX server to a newer version. This process could be handy if your
users do not have rights on the PC to install or update application and you will need to
deploy the installer using an AD policy.

To use the CAD configuration tool please follow the steps bellow:

1)      Burn or mount the UCCX installation media (the new install media or the upgrade
media).

2)      Go to the CD drive.

3)      Copy the content of the Installer folder to your computer.

4)      Double click over the ConfigureMsi.exe application.

5)      Enter the number corresponding to the language that will like to use for the CAD
application and press enter

6)      Enter the IP address of the UCCX publisher and then press enter

7)      If you have a HA deployment of UCCX enter the IP address of the subscriber
otherwise just put none and press enter to continue with the process

8)      The next step will be to select the deployment type. If your UCCX server will be
working with a CUCM server press 1 or if it will work with a CME press number 2 and then
enter.

9)      Finally we need to enter the number corresponding the licensing type that we will
be using in our UCCX server and press enter.

After completing the previous step and hit enter the script will generate the three
installers for the CAD application in folder from were you ran the ConfigureMSI.exe tool.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

View solution in original post

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the UCCX media. Just look in the 'installer' folder on the DVD, or if you download an ISO use 7-ZIP to open it and see the folder.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The CAD configuration tool can be used to get the MSI installers for the products part of
the UCCX desktop suite (CAD, CSD and CDA) prior installing a Linux version of UCCX or
upgrading your current UCCX server to a newer version. This process could be handy if your
users do not have rights on the PC to install or update application and you will need to
deploy the installer using an AD policy.

To use the CAD configuration tool please follow the steps bellow:

1)      Burn or mount the UCCX installation media (the new install media or the upgrade
media).

2)      Go to the CD drive.

3)      Copy the content of the Installer folder to your computer.

4)      Double click over the ConfigureMsi.exe application.

5)      Enter the number corresponding to the language that will like to use for the CAD
application and press enter

6)      Enter the IP address of the UCCX publisher and then press enter

7)      If you have a HA deployment of UCCX enter the IP address of the subscriber
otherwise just put none and press enter to continue with the process

8)      The next step will be to select the deployment type. If your UCCX server will be
working with a CUCM server press 1 or if it will work with a CME press number 2 and then
enter.

9)      Finally we need to enter the number corresponding the licensing type that we will
be using in our UCCX server and press enter.

After completing the previous step and hit enter the script will generate the three
installers for the CAD application in folder from were you ran the ConfigureMSI.exe tool.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the UCCX media. Just look in the 'installer' folder on the DVD, or if you download an ISO use 7-ZIP to open it and see the folder.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your input. 

Cisco TAC was particularly challenged on this. After several messages back and forth, TAC did finally point me to the Installer folder on the ISO. Silly me. I was looking for something with the name "preconfiguration". It will remain a mystery why the tool is called the Reconfiguration Tool in the guides but doesn't carry that name on the ISO.

I did encounter one oddity with the tool. Instead of asking for the address of the UCCX servers, it asked for LDAP server addresses. That made me pause to consider whether I had the right tool. TAC's comment was "The LDAP prompt would only apply if running post install". Huh? Why would the tool ever need to know the address of an LDAP. A case of misdirection, I believe.

Hi,

Glad to hear that you finally got it working. Basically, the LDAP Servers are nothing but the CCX Servers itself. LDAP is an internal directory structure built in by CAD when we import the code onto CCX to store CAD related data. This is the reason why we have the Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service. So for CAD, it just talks to its LDAP hosts which is nothing but the CCX.

I totally understand the confusion with an external LDAP and hopefully all of this is gone with 11.0 and the removal of CAD.

Regards,

Arundeep

We are going through the same process for updating the CAD clients and i am so glad i found this blog. I can't thank you enough for posting this here. When you pushed the desktop MSI's to the agents did you have to uninstall the previous version of CAD and CSD on these desktops or was the 10.6 MSI able to read the current install and upgrade to the latest ? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: