cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX presents second call even through first call not answered.

paul_1004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a situation that is not a typical call centre but is using UCCX and performs most of what we need well.  There are a couple of things we have noticed that I would like to see if there are workarounds (I have created these as separate discussion items)

Call Order

The following example is when one agent is logged in for simplicity.

• We have one call coming in.  It will ring on the agent correctly
  • We then have a second call coming in which goes into the UCCX queue as there are no agents available.
  • When the timeout defined in the select resource script is reached the first call goes to the queue and the second call starts ringing.  This would mean the second call could be answered before the first call.  Should the first call remain ringing as this is the oldest call?  Or is there a way of stopping this.

I do not want to log out the agent and I cannot extend the timeout as this will prevent other people from picking it up when available.

Thanks,

Paul

13 Replies 13

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

As the CSQ works in FIFO mode, when your first call is not answered and goes back to queue, it is put behind second call, which is working as designed.  However you can overcome this by increasing call priority of first call by Set Priority Step when first call was not answered by an agent.  This will put first call back in the first place of the queue by referring to its priority over second call.

I hope this will be helpful.

I'm sorry to say, but that's is not correct. That is how UCCE works maybe, but UCCX does not do that. A call which ring no answers on an Agent keeps their position in the queue.

Thanks Piyush,

I shall have a look at priorities and see if this will do what I need and let you know.

Regards,

Paul

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
How you described it, it shouldn't be doing that. Can you share your script in full or perhaps a screenshot of the relevant section which is doing the queuing? Be sure to have the properties of your select resource step open if taking a screenshot. Also, what is the forward no answer timer set to on your Agent ACD Line (or if none set, check your Service Parameters for this value).

Hi Anthony, 

Thanks for your help.  Please see attached script.  Forward no answer is set to 12 seconds.

Regards,

Paul

UCCX script.JPG

When a CCX queue call to an agent is answered CCX checks that number that answered the call is the agents. If it's not the agent CCX pulls the call back and put it in back in the queue.

From what I have observed this check and pull back can take a little time, maybe a quarter of a second. It's possible that if a second call is waiting in the queue it may sneak in while CCX is getting the first call back.

As Anthony said make sure your ring no answer timer is greater than the Timeout in the Select Resource step.

You must make sure that nothing else or no one other person can get the agents call. Make sure the agent is not part of a pickup group.

Just like your MOH question the real fix here is to get the agents to answer their phone when it rings.

Graham

To add on to Graham, the CUCM setting for the phone line's Forward No Answer should be 2 seconds greater than the Select Resource step's Timeout value. The default in CUCM is 12 while the default in UCCX is 10, accomplishing just this. If you adjust one, make sure you know how and why to adjust the other.

Hi I have modified the CUCM and UCCXs timeout I still get the second call "sneaking through" there appears to be nothing wrong with the servers performance wise.  It happens 100% of the time when we have this situation.  That being said most of the time we will not have this situation occur as the calls are mostly being answered before this occurs.  

Thanks for your help on this

You may have already checked this one, but can you please confirm what is the  busy trigger configured on agent DNs.  It should be - Maximum Number of Calls set to 2 and Busy Trigger set to 1.

I ran a test on my lab system

With the "Agent State after Ring no Answer" set to Ready then you are correct. The first two calls in the queue alternate in their presentation to the agent.

With the "Agent State after Ring no Answer" set to Not Ready then it works as expected. After you put the Agent back to Ready in Finesse it is always the oldest call in the queue that is presented.

Do you have "Agent State after Ring no Answer" set to Ready?

Graham

Hi Graham,

Apologies for the delay I have been away.  The agents are set to remain in ready as they do not want them to have to log in again.  I know it is unusual but this is because of the face to face contact this team has as well.  I will talk to them again about changing this.  Thank you so much for testing this and confirming that it is working as what we are seeing. 

Regards,

Paul 

Working as designed, or defect? I'd wager it's the latter.

Thanks Piyush, Yes they are set this way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: