cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX priority call queuing

david-mcmillan
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are running UCCX 8.0.2 and have a multi queue help desk.  Agents have multiple skills assigned to them.  We have a request right now that a prompt be added to just 1 queue that will raise the priority of that call and only affect that queue.  From my understanding, raising the priority that queue will affect all the other queues and give that priority call presedence over all the calls queued up rather than just those in that queue.  Is there any way I can work around this?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David

Basically you assign a priority to a call, and calsl are delivered FIFO for each priority group in descending order. So say you make one call Pri 5, then it will get delivered before calls from lower priority groups even if they have been in the queue longer.

It's therefore absolute priority and you would want to use it selectively to avoid choking out lower priority calls.

As you say, if you have several queues but all are serviced by the same pool of agents, it will affect all the queues as it trumps the FIFO card.

The only other way of prioritising calls is the indirect approach of assigning skills for the 'priority queue' to more agents.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David

Basically you assign a priority to a call, and calsl are delivered FIFO for each priority group in descending order. So say you make one call Pri 5, then it will get delivered before calls from lower priority groups even if they have been in the queue longer.

It's therefore absolute priority and you would want to use it selectively to avoid choking out lower priority calls.

As you say, if you have several queues but all are serviced by the same pool of agents, it will affect all the queues as it trumps the FIFO card.

The only other way of prioritising calls is the indirect approach of assigning skills for the 'priority queue' to more agents.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron for the response, that's what I thought but since I'm all self taught wanted to make sure.  Now my testing also shows that if I split that part of the script off into its own application, it still works the same way, correct?  IE, take any calls coming in on that number and give it its own trigger, if resources have skills in that queue and other queues it will still affect the other queues.

What I'm trying to do is give an prompt option to a specific queue to allow them to become the next call answered in that queue, so basically make it 1 second older than the oldest call in that queue and I'm at a complete loss of how to accomplish that or if it is even possible.  Thanks for the help.

Hi

Not quite sure what you're trying to do there really... re-queeuing a call to a new app will only move calls backwards in the queue, unless you subsequently bump up the priority of the call in the new app - which you could have done in the original app without screwing up your reporting!

If you want to increase a call's priority based 'on a prompt' (not sure what you mean there? a hidden menu or something?) you just need to use a set priority step to increase the priority.

Standard call treatment is that the oldest call in the system is answered first, UNLESS that call is assigned to a queue with no available agents, or UNLESS a higher priority call exists anywhere in the queue.

Aaron

I guess to clarify what I'm trying to do:

We have a number of triggers coming into a single application script.  Some are a primary number for most of our clients, and some are specific to the clients.  We have a switch that determines where it came from and then where to send it.  Some clients have multiple queues, and some have a single queue.  This particular one has a single queue with a Menu in it with an option to leave a voicemail.  All the agents answering calls are shared between all of these clients, so there will be some impact to other clients.  But what we want to do is give them an option in that menu for emergencies that would move them to the top of their queue, but not necessarily to the top of the overall queue.

Hi

I see.. so the problem is that you can't move a call up or down an individual queue. You can increase priority, and it will skip all lower/default priority calls from all queues.

Since no queue has any priority over any other queue (calls from all queue are delivered FIFO if they all share the same pool of agents) that's how it has to work.

I'm not sure why skipping to the 2nd/3rd position in queue would be any better or fairer than skipping to the front?

Aaron

My thoughts exactly.  I've explained to them that no matter how you slice it, in a shared resource environment it will impact other clients no matter what.  The feedback was very helpful, thanks a ton for all the help / advice.

No problem!

Hi Aaron,

Hope you are doing great. I just would like to have your assistance as I have similar need with priority callers.

Well scenario is for internal organizational users, who basically calls to service desk. We have identified top management and other pririty users whom we want them to be treated on higher priority.

So, the trigger would remains the same and I need to identify the callers on the basis of "Calling ID" not on the Called no which has been the case in the above discussion.

How to put those callers which i know say 10 users (41110 - 41119 ) and then mark them as priority and for rest the call should follow as normal.

I would appreciate if you guys can assist in this. I know I can use Get Call Contact (Caller ID ) but how to add those Priority Callers (41110 - 41119 ) in some variable and then compare them is my question.

Thank you.

M Taha

Hi

Firstly - it's best to start a new thread for a new question. Also, there is no point posting the same question multiple times on lots of threads.

What you need to do in your case is have the IDs that you want to prioritise stored 'somewhere'. The most simple way would be to simple compare them in an IF step, e.g.

String callerID = Get Call Contact(Caller ID)

IF (callerID == "41110")

- true : set priority = 5

- false : no steps

IF (callerID == "41111")

If your numbers are consecutive as in your example you could have:

IF (callerID.startsWith("4111")

But in practice you'll probably find that you have a lot of unrelated random numbers that you need to prioritise. In that case I would probably:

1) Store the numbers in an XML file, and read/compare those numbers when the call comes in

2) Store the numbers in a database, and do a select against that DB to see if the call should be prioritised.

There are lots of examples of XML file and DB usage around waiting to be googled.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, for your detailed reply;

yes I need to store them in some document to fetch them for camparision and I would like to go with XML option.

I have created a new discussion so You and others can put their valuable suggestion.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3840065#3840065

checking_callerid.PNG

There is a simple way do do it ,store the caller ids  in String variable and then by using java make the string as an array and check the array every time when caller calls and assign the priority only one time.

Here is a screenshot attached as a word doc of my script.  I have a hidden dial 9 option that ups the priority to 10.  Will this work? It is really difficult to test this. i just need confirmation that i did this correctly.  thank you

Hi ,

If the same caller calls within XX hours after talking to an agent and if the same agent is available call should be routed to the same agent as before based on ANI

Please advice

PW

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: