Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX purge duration

fabien_damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

one of our customers have a UCCX 10.6SU3.

question about UCCX purging: how long does the purge run? does it run for a specific period of time since its scheduled time? or runs as long as there is data to purge?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would imagine it will run until old data is purged, but I never investigated it nor heard about anyone having concerns with it as it just runs in the background and does not really affect any performance. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello Chris,

thank you for your reply. 

but the two posts don't answer my question. let's say the purge is scheduled to run at 03:00 am in the morning and it's set to purge data older than 18 months. will it Keep on running until the data older that 18 months is removed? or it runs for a certain period of time and continues the next day?

I've seen the scheduled purge stopping at around 6-6:30 am depending on the days..

Thanks

I would imagine it will run until old data is purged, but I never investigated it nor heard about anyone having concerns with it as it just runs in the background and does not really affect any performance. 

Hello Chris,

You are right. actually there was a high CPU utilization on the uccx servers (HA setup)  on one of our customer after Cisco made truncation on the tables on the primary server (they removed like 8 months worth of data) . Also customer was experiencing slow reports and real time data on finesse were not displaying at times. 

I thought that the inconvenience was due to the purge process running in the background but after 3 days  from the truncation intervention; the CPU usage on the subscriber went down to around 5-10%, Primary was still high, but the CUIC reports went back to their previous state before the intervention. Even though the purge process was still running in the back ground. 

Thank you for your effort in all cases. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: