cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Queue Alerting via SMS &/or email

dbonagir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are looking for a company-wide, standardized approach for our UCCX (v10.5+) call center managers (who may be physically distant) to receive actionable SMS text message &/or email alerts during normal business hours for any immediate issues requiring intervention, i.e. zero agents logged-in to queue, OR longest hold-time in queue greater than X minutes, etc. Are there any proven, off-the-shelf techniques that we could implement, while avoiding any additional expense (i.e. tropo.com, 2ring.com) Perhaps we could somehow bake this in at a low level via the CCX script editor? Timeliness of the alert is key, as not everyone carries a pager nor can view a wallboard. Intent is to arm the supervisor with actionable info quickly so they can be proactive BEFORE an incident escalates further. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Have not used SMS text messages, but have used email steps

We use steps in the script to email to a distribution list of Supervisors when a call is in queue for more than x minutes. Actually we have intervals of 3, 6, 9, 12 minutes.  We use a  "+increment" step to establish counters to say if counter is >=1 , ==1 , ==2, ==3 etc  as we loop  to keep going back to the start of queueing . Also use a Delay 3min step at the top of queue each time to establish our time intervals of 3,6,9,12 minutes to send the email .  If the call hits counter 1 then I know the call has been queueing for 3 minutes, etc.  There are email steps in the palette. 

We use the getReporting step in the palette to look for the stats of all the agents for that queue and include that in the email.  We set that at an IF statement - IF (Q1Loop Ctr>=1) -  use the getReporting  step to get all the reporting stats and get it to format nicely for the email.  Then each Loop and CSQ I have can have different EMail To  and EMail Contact under that one IF branch.

The getRreporting is only a snap shot at the moment it gets the stats, so depending on your email system will determine the time lapse between that snapshot and when the email arrives. Oh and you may have to work with your email team to get that relay set to accept emails from the uccx servers (not my area of expertise).

Hello Ileweyiss,

This is working for which UCCX version?