Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX realtime snapshot table poll frequency

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a documented max poll interval for the realtime snapshot tables for wallboards.

I know they are written every 5 sec (min setting), but I'd like to poll it every 1 sec so I pick it up straight away when it has changed,

otherwise I could be 9 seconds off worst case (from the page refreshing from wallboard server every 5 sec)

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sascha

You can do it as often as you like... but bear in mind the load on the server. E.g. if this is a wallboard, you would want a central service to read/cache the data each second, and then hand that cached data out to each wallboard display without repeatedly hitting the DB.

Another method might be to look at the 'enddatetime' field in rtcsqssummary. This appears to be the time/date of the last update to the table. You could use that to work out when the DB will update, e.g. if you read it 4 seconds in a row and the value is the same then it changes on the 5th, updating 5 seconds from then would hit you on next new data.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, yeah the server has a single thread to poll uccx and store the data in memory object,

the client requests serve only data that is cached

good pointer re the enddatetime, might look at that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: