Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Recording Script

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am looking for a script where caller is asked to record a voice message after pressing one of the option in menu.

Once the caller leaves a message it has to be send via email or save in a folder. I have gone through some scripts in community forum without any luck. 

Appreciate if you share any sample script.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey.

You dont need to authenticate the user.

Here is a screenshoot of have to record a prompt, saving it to uccx and then email it.

Capture.PNG

This is just made quickly to give you an idea about have it works. I haven't testede it.

aef file attached

Hope that helps

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hey Faizanelahi

Kan you use this :

Solved: UCCX 11.0 Prompt Recording Script - Cisco Community

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi,

Thank you for the reference. I have seen this script. This is different from my requirement it seems.

We don't need to authenticate the user since any caller can call the number and leave the message. So, as per the script i need to place recording step in the option and prompt to record the message.

Hey.

You dont need to authenticate the user.

Here is a screenshoot of have to record a prompt, saving it to uccx and then email it.

Capture.PNG

This is just made quickly to give you an idea about have it works. I haven't testede it.

aef file attached

Hope that helps

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Thank you Thomas.

I have created the script by following above, seems I came half a way. I can record the message now, however its failing while uploading the prompt. Username and password is correct.

Could you please advise. I have attached the script for your reference.

Hi Thomas,

It worked.

Wav extension has to provided with name in upload prompt. 

You have to put in your own username and password.

for testing just use your admin user

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Yes, I have used my own username and password.

I don’t think the “Upload Prompt” step is necessary to send the prompt via email.  This is also troublesome, because you will fill your prompt repository up with with recordings that will later need to be deleted... you risk filling up your HD partition.

I think a better implementation would be to use a write document step with the appropriate file name and type (fileName.wav), and use the attach to email step(s).  This file would be dropped from memory when the session ends.  

Let me know if you need help with this.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Yes please provide the sample script for write document. I will give a try. 

Hi, 

Any update on the script. 

Also does UCCX 11.0 supports office 365 for emails. I am sending an email from UCCX script, but its not working. Same script is working with On premise exchange. 

1.  The email palette items (functions) use the SMTP settings of the UCCX server.  If your default email address is not allowed to use SMTP on your email service, that could be why sending email is failing. 

2.  I thought since you. marked the issue as solved, my assistance wasn't necessary.  However, here is a mock-up of the items needed:

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 1.06.54 AM.png

....again, this is non-functioning and just posted as an example.  I would recommend copying your functioning script and try substituting the changes above into the copy and see if it works.  This will not upload prompts into the prompt repository as the other sample does, does not require an authorized user and password, and should work with an SMTP service that permits email from your default settings on the UCCX server.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Thank you Sean for the script. I will give a try and update.

I have red from the Cisco document that Cisco started supporting cloud email from version 11.5 so I am concerning that could be the reason why email is failing as the same script is working with on premise email. 

I agrre with you Sean. 

You dont have to save the document in you repository, it was alsoo only meant as an example.

/Thomas

Thanks, Thomas G. J.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: