cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Recordings are Slow and Distorted

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have just replaced an IPCC 3.5  server with a brand new UCCX 7.1 server.  As with the 3.5 server, I used  a workflow to force UCCX to record all inbound calls to the helpdesk  queue.  Unfortunately, all of the recording sound like they're being  recorded at 60-70% speed and are highly garbled(I have checked this both  through the supervisor's desktop which are reading the RAW files and by  exporting/listening to the WAV files directly) .  My first inclination  was that it was a SPAN issue with duplicate packets but I don't know how  that could be since we simply swapped out the servers.  None of the  network equipment or configuration was changed.  CUCM was also upgraded  at the same time but that shouldn't affect the recordings.  I have  Wireshark installed on the UCCX server and when I watch the monitoring  NIC on the UCCX server, I receive no duplicate packets.  If I decode the  RTP streams and have Wireshark play it back, it comes through clear  with no speed or distortion issues.   Anyone have any other ideas why  this might be happening?

Thanks,

Kyle

3 Replies 3

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

A couple of extra notes since my original post:

Live monitoring works fine.  No speed or garbling issues.

If  I remove an agent from the WorkFlow Group that does the automatic  recording and I instead perform an on-demand recording from the  supervisor desktop, it is slow and garbled.

It turns out that I was receiving SPAN RTP streams on the monitoring NIC and also receiving the recordings dictated by the Workflow on the primary NIC.  Since Wireshark was only watching the mornitoring NIC, I saw only one stream, but UCCX was taking the stream from each NIC and combining them before writing to the RAW file.  As soon as I turned off one option (I chose to kill the SPAN) everything started recording clearly.

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

How can I close this post?  I can't find a way to close it out without using the "Correct Answer" button and it doesn't appear on any of my own posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: