cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Resource Selection Criteria

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

I have a low call volume call center that I want to allocate the calls equally amoung the agents.

The call center queue takes a total of 50 calls a day for 10 agents.  All 10 agents have the same assigned skills and priorities.

The Resource Selection Criteria(RSC) is "Most Skilled"

My agents have nearly equal amounts of total Login Time and Ready Time.

Some agents go Ready/Not Ready more frequently then others.  Frequently going "Not Ready" resets there avalibilty time which puts them to the bottom of the queue for future calls. 

I see that there is an RSC for "Most Handled Contacts".  In my case I need an RSC "Least Handled Contacts"

So I currently have some agents that take 8 calls and others have 2 or 3 calls a day even though they have equal skills.

Is there a way to balance the call distribution so that agents with fewer calls handled are higher in the queue?

Joe

9 Replies 9

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Hello @joe.conger 

Did you find a solution for this?  We'd like to do something very similar.

Thanks,

Diego

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @tato386,

Can you please provide more details about your case? What exactly do you try to implement in your UCCX?

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

The incoming calls are leads for agents selling services so in our case agents want to get as many calls as possible.  We want to distribute them as evenly and fairly as possible.  We would also like to take into account "false" leads and not factor that in when distributing calls.  We don't have a very precise way of determining what a "false" lead is but we figure a call with a very short duration was probably invalid and would not want to count that against an agents share of calls.

I think the closet you can come is using the 

Shortest Average Handle Time

This is not number of calls, but I think you will get the handle time to be more equal

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

This is not possible out of the box. If you want to be as exact as possible, you're going to have to tap into the UCCX DB and export how many contacts each agent has taken and put that behind an API or on a DB. Then have your script find the lowest number and send calls to them first. There's no other way that's out of the box. Actually, I've never seen any contact center software have this metric out of the box for routing.

david

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

@david.macias I think that it is possible to use Get Reporting Statistic step to find the number of calls handled by the agent. Then I guess the script can compare this values and find the lowest one. So, by doing this it is possible to identify the ID of Agent with lowest value of contacts handled and send the call to this Agent via Select Resource step (CSQ target = resource).

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

@Dmytro Benda but that's not exactly right though or not easy. So we have 10 agents. First you need to find out which agents are logged in. There's no easy way to find that out. So then that means you have to keep a manual list in your script of all 10 agents. You then have to go through all of them and find out how many contacts they have handled. Then you need evaluate this and pick your agent. This is not an easy thing to do and not scalable at all. So you're right, it is possible, but I would never do it this way unless I had a handful of agents that rarely changed.

david

You can use the UCCX rest APi to change the agents skill level automatic after each call, so the agent with the lowest call volume is getting the highest level

In finesse you can then make a gadget that makes that calculation for you and sets the level of all you agents.

For getting the agent list with logged in agents in your csq, you can use the realtime api

http://{{uccxServer}}:9080/realtime/AgentCSQStats

And agents calls

http://{{uccxServer}}:9080/realtime/ResourceIAQStats

(version 12.5 is POST else GET)

Not nice - but it could work

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

That's not a bad idea. I like the idea of adding a gadget so you can then see changes being made.

david