Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX REST User

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am just starting developing some Python scripts to connect to the UCCX configuration REST API and have a question about users which can connect to the REST API.

From my testing I can only seem to connect using the application administrator user ID which was created when UCCX was installed. If I try to use a user account that has been imported into UCCX as an administrator it fails.

On CUCM the former account is an application user and the latter is an end user which I guess could be the issue.

It is pretty lame if only the admin account can be used - on CUCM it is easy to create a user with only AXL access (or only read only access if you want to lock it down even further).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Token is standard feature of RESTful API. You can obtain it in temporary headers after running any successful request in Postman, for example. Adding this header manually, something like Authorization: 12345abc=, in subsequent requests will let you not to use password authentication.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

voipleo
Level 1
Level 1

Any administrator account has access to API calls, even LDAP imported. You should check your settings.

More granular access is not possible in UCCX at this moment (which is lame), but Cisco promised to implement this functionality in future releases. Also you can use access token instead of login/password.

Thanks Lev,

I have tested on a few systems and there is only one where I am having issues. It is running 10.6(1).

It should not take Cisco too much effort to implement a REST API user - they could do it in the same way the wallboarduser and hruser are handled.

Re. the token based access you mention is that a current feature or something on a roadmap? - if you have any links you can share that would be really helpful

Token is standard feature of RESTful API. You can obtain it in temporary headers after running any successful request in Postman, for example. Adding this header manually, something like Authorization: 12345abc=, in subsequent requests will let you not to use password authentication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: