UCCX, Ring no answer, occasionally occuring, logs out agent

tedtice01
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Application Administration - 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 7.1.3.20000-2

I have a situation where, very occasionally (2 or 3 times/day), agents are being taken out of ready state with a ‘ring no answer’ notation in the agent's log. The reserved state is shown prior to the ‘ring no answer’ and shows various times, most around 6-16 seconds. I believe our reserved timers are set at 2 minutes.

Any ideas on where to look for this issue?

Thanks,

Ted

18 Replies 18

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ted,

In UCCX environment, after Ring On No Answer (RONA) Agent will either go to Not Ready (by Default) or Ready based on the settings in the UCCX Admin->System parameters page for RONA.

Could you please attach the Agent logs for this issue, we will try to find what is the exact reason for logging out.

You can also use the CAD report from CAD itself to check the Logout reson code, see what is the Logout Reason code number here for this issue.

Hope its helpful.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

I don't have debugging on so the log files don't show call information.  What do I need to change in the Agent.cfg to enable logging?  I'll start by setting the Threshold=CALL and see what that shows us.

I can tell you from the supervisors desktop the agent log shows:

agent state goes to 'Reserved', state duration = 16

next entry shows agent state 'not ready', reason code = 32763 (Ring no answer)

This agent's call log (from supervisors desktop) shows that call come in, answered column is 'no', call duration is 16.

Just looking through the logs, I'm seeing 32763 as the reason code for all of them from today.  So far, 6 out of 9 agents have one instance each (about 6 hours today).

I should add, the agent does see the call delivered/ringing on the phone, but when this occurs, they don't answer it in time.

Hi Ted,

Any updates?

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Ted,

You can set the Tracing in CAD box, in theAgent.cfg file in thebelow path.

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\config

By Default ,

Threshold=DEBUG

You can change the, Threshold may be one of the following OFF, DEBUG, CALL, TRACE, DUMP

Set it to Trace.

And to see what is the exact reason code log out.

32763- Not Ready- Ring no answer. The system issues this reason code

when the agent fails to answer a Unified CCX call within

the specified timeout period.

Please refer the "Table 9. Reserved reason codes" in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

May be checking the Agent logs will help out for reason behind exact logout.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts, by clicking on the stars below the right answers..

I've updated 9 agent's CAD config file settings to TRACE, I'll update with log info when I have another occurance.

Thanks anchoudh!

RingNoAnswer.JPG

Have a occurance. I've also atached the full log file from this morning, note the times highlighted above.  The log is rather verbose, not sure what is important vs what isn't.

Please take a look when able, and thanks...

Ted

Hi Ted,

From the above screenshot it is evident that, the Agent was in Ready state (10:44:22)  initially the call landed on his phone while it was rining the Agent state got changed to Reserved state (10:47:31), as the Agent didnt answer the call it went to Not-Ready state (10:47:37) and the reason code being Ring On No Answer (32763).

Here the Agent didn't logout at all, in your earlier thread you said the Agnet was pushed to Logout state after RONA, but that didnt happen in the above scenario.

If you check the UCCX system parameters page, Vy default theparameter "Agent State after Ring No Answer* " is set to "Not-Ready". What that means is if the Agent doesn't pickup the call within specified time\rings it will go to Not Ready state.

And this is what is happeing above also and is the expected behaviour.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful answers by clicking the stars below the right answers !!

But the reserved state was only active for 6 seconds, that when this call was ringing.  Our timer is set to 2 minutes for RNA. 

And yes, this does drop the call, I did misstate the agent is logged off, rather I should have said she goes to 'not ready' state.

Since this call is not even close to two minutes (reserved state), how can I tell why it was triggering the RNA?

Hi Ted,

Please see what is the value for the parameter "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)" set under the CUCM Admin,  phone->

Directory Number Configuration->Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings for this Agent phone.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts !!

That entry is blank.  None of our agents have a value defined on the DN.

Hi Ted,

RONA, redirect on no answer, is not part of UCCX. RNA, ring no answer, is.

The default action is to put the agent in the not ready status after a RNA.

This can be set via the service parameters (CUCM Admin->Systme->

Service Parameter Configuration). By default the call will route

to the next available agent, if the agent doesn't answer, by default they

are put into the not ready state.

Also need to check the UCCX script if it has anything limits interms of no of rings...etc.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

Thanks, will start looking at the scripts a bit more. 

Hi Ted,

You can post the relevant UCCX script here, and I will also try to get the analysis of the Agent logs and let you know if i find anything in it.

Please dont forget to rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: